ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Loose Steering Wheel & Brake Query

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Lightning
Trc Off

Loose Steering Wheel & Brake Query

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 am

Hi,

My steering wheel and brakes are EXTREMELY loose now, since I got into an accident recently. Also, my emergency hand brake light is always on and it does not hold the brakes nearly as sharply as before. I know that my brakes probably need to be bleeded out, but can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve these issues?

Thanks for your assistance.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Loose Steering Wheel & Brake Query

Postby mike_01 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

could be a number of thing, get the car up and check wheel for play, if not might help to check all bolts just incase they come loose, or take it to a garage as you wouldn't want to risk driving and having wheel come off, could be very bad

neilis200
Trc Off

Postby neilis200 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm

normally when the handbrake light stays on it is due to low brake fluid
If the cross is empty. proceed with caution

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks guys. The hand brake light not only stays on, but it is very loose; wouldn't that mean that other than brake fluid, it needs to be tightened also?

poTTa
Altezza Guru

Postby poTTa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 pm

I would get that checked properly by a mechanic...
The loose steering problem could exist anywhere in the steering or suspension...rack...rack-ends, rod-ends, bushings, ball joints, arm(s), alignment, etc.

The brakes should be bled first before you go adjusting things...

Give a description of accident...
Front/side/rear impact...
What visibly was damaged?

Again though...it's best you get a mechanic to sort out these problems...there's only so much we can do on this forum...
2004 RS200 Z

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

another reasoning for your hand break light on might be due to a faulty handbreak switch. ive come across a few of these. for peace of mind take it to a garge and they will sort it rather than guessing and something happening you or your car :)

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks for the help. The accident was on the passenger side; car drifted off the road and hit a fence, Damaged the fender, doors, control arms and rear hub. Me and my cuz changed everything; guess we've done all that we've done, so time to take it to a mechanic.

Thanks once again.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”