Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

mlcoolj's RS200-Z...

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: So I was in Ireland on saturday...

Postby mlcoolj » Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 am

LOL yeah!!

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

so, it's been quiet over here lately. I haven't registered the car yet, it will be registered by the end of august begin september. I have it parked away in a garage now because over here we can't leave unregistered cars alongside of the road, it has to either be in your own garden or in a garage or some other private terrain. While it was out I tackled a few things.

First I sorted the front near foglight that wasn't working. Took off the front bumper

Only to find this :shock: :lol:

So now I knew why it wasn't working :lol: took both the foglights off and gave them a good clean:

I sorted some new (to me :P ) headlamps. (The JDM ones are illegal over here) and installed those too:
I had to get some new bulbs too for the foglights as one was blown, everything works now:

After this I turned my attention to the inside (not much pictures of that.. sorry :-/ )
Gave it a good scrub down as the seats, rooflining etc were dirty! :shock: Still need to vacuum them properly though...

After this I turned to the boot... this was a mess too! Took this out and started scrubbing:
Succes!

Then I cleaned up some more:
After:

I also threw out a lot of stuff that was lying around in there.. screws, nails etc :shock:

After this We had to install the foglights. Seeing that I didn't wat a unit in my bumper we did the conversion. Started like this:

And after a whole day of trying (we didn't realise we were using the wrong pin on the relay and the wrong wire behind the dash :o the foglight conversion was done!
Everything just on:
Foglights on:
Foglights on with brakes:
Here's my ghetto button, gonna replace it at some time with an is200 one:

After this I put her away in the garage for a while:

a few weeks passed and I was bored :lol: so I went and installed a facelift cluster I had lying around:
Thanks RobinH for your post, saved me a lot of time looking for the correct wire for the lights! I had the old plugs with the cluster, so I just took out one of the pins with a piece of wire and plugged it in in the plug that the car already had.

Now I'm doing the wheels, one is already done, 3 to go!

I wanted to do them the color of the isf wheels, seeing as no one knows the color code for them I googled a bit and found out that Toyota 1E3 was the closest you could get but some people disagreed as some looked more light than the color of the isf wheels so I went to a Toyota garage near me to verify this. Once I was there I was told that there are like 5 shades of 1E3 :lol: (now I understand why some it worked for some people en some not). As they didn't have an isf wheel lying around and the only isf was standing in the showroom 500 meters away, I just picked the one I thought was the closest. It was a gamble I know, but I like the way it came out! maybe I'll finish the second wheel by the weekend, I painted it yesterday but is was no good (there was some silicone left on the primer, so I need to sand it again and do it over).

Up next, some new tires (already have 2, need 2 more) and she's good to get registered and nct'd. Thanks for looking!

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Nice job bro, keep it up :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks man!

lakers
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lakers » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 am

wish i had that kind of Patience to clean my baby up :oops:
To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am

LOL! I have to, otherwise it wil irritate me lol... and it helps that the car is now in storage, otherwise I don't think I would've done this much...

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: mlcoolj's RS200-Z...

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 am

So, wheel number 2 is also finished! Here are some pics:

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:47 am

Wheels looks superb! IMO You should go for yellow fogs 8)
D700 / RS200

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:01 am

yeah, I want to go for 3000K HID bulbs in there.. but that will come later.. first to get her through nct next month :lol:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:08 pm

been a bit quiet around here, but I recently did some stuff. Ever since I bought the car, this has been bugging me:

So I went to the dealership and ordered me some rocker cover gaskets...
Getting intimate:

She lost her head to me rofl

When I took out my sparkplugs they all looked ok except for the second one from the front... covered in oil, I guess it is because the inner seals weren't doing that good of a job anymore... So I cleaned up everything, put new seals in there and put her back together. During the renewal I disconnected the battery and she got an ecu reset. Gave her a start, she started up fine but when I wanted to roll her out of the garage.. disaster! :wacko: The check engine light, TRC etc came on and the engine died... So I checked all the connections of the plugs and everything was ok, so I tried again, and again the check engine light came on and she wanted to stall, so this time I gave her a short good bit of gas and then she worked all fine again... Put the plastic cover back on and took her for a spin.. no warning lights came on ever since... phew!

So, when I was on the wheels, I encountered this:

So I ordered some TRD lower arm bushings from Nick, gonna try and put them on this weekend along with some new front tires....

Still to do:
-Give her a good clean
-New sparkplugs
-New engine oil, oil filter
-New gearbox oil
-New diff oil
-New brake fluid
-New coolant
-Timing belt, waterpump etc.
and last but not least... get her registered on Dutch plates...

That was all for now me thinks...

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Very nice bro, keep up the good work :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 am

so, was bored after work, so took a few pics with the phone real quick because it was colllddddd

Loved this one the most...

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Very nice man :wink:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Thx bud!

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Only just seen your wheels. They look sharp!

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”