Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Smoke from bonnet vent?

General discussions about other Lexus models
ISred02
Altezza Guru

Smoke from bonnet vent?

Postby ISred02 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Hey guys,I've checked to see if there is any info in the search but to no avail. Basically,occasionally smoke appears from the vents which sit below the wipers. It doesn't happen all the time but when it's a cold day and exhaust fumes are visible as smoke. I've lifted the bonnet and can't see any smoke coming from the engine or any visible leaks onto the exhaust. It doesn't smell of burning or vent into the cabin so is it exhaust fumes escaping from the mid section? It's a strange one :roll:
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

tomo
Altezza Guru

Re: Smoke from bonnet vent?

Postby tomo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Not steam from somewhere is it?

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Not sure tomo,I had a good look under the bonnet and couldn't find any sourse. If it is steam,where do you think it might be coming from? Is it easy to take the trim off the vents? Probably need to do this in order to find the cause.
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am

Does the smoke smell, as sometimes leaf fragments or pine needles from trees go into the vents and when the heaters on they smoulder from the heat

If it's steam then I would say the drain holes under the panel to let the water run out are blocked

Return to “Lexus IS200,IS220,IS250”