Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Idling issues?

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
tezzax
Trc Off

Idling issues?

Postby tezzax » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 am

I previously had a flat spot problem in my 5AT Altezza when I kick down and it goes on 1st gear, it stalls for a second then takes off, and its back on it.

She misfires when Idling, but as soon she moves she is fine. I had previously diagnosed her with P1126 Magnetic Clutch Circuit Problem.

I am thinking of opening the Throttle Body this sunday, to check the circuit around the throttle motor.

Did anyone ever suffer this problem? or did anyone ever try seeing around the throttle motor? any advices? any suggestions?

I have cleaned the MAF sensor, and the car is perfect according to how she drives, but there is this Idling problem, and the flat spot came back. :s does anyone know how and if it is possible to clean the TPS? Thanks in advance

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: Idling issues?

Postby E910 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 am

I assume you've checked the plugs & coils already? Cleaning the throttle body usually sorts out idling issues

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes my plugs are well, and i believe the coils too. because the car accelerates well throughout the rev range :s apar only in the first gear when it kicks down there is an issue. Cleaning the tb can sort that p1126 problem? :s

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 pm

P1126[89] - Electric clutch[CL+, CL-]
1. Nil
2. Electric clutch abnormal
3. Nil
Fail safe mode
Refer to ETCS

Ahh most probably the TPS 89452-30150. Common enough fault.
I'd give the throttle body a clean first & see if it makes any difference. There's a few DIY's on here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6341&hilit=throttle&start=0
Last edited by E910 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 pm

It should be the TPS right? you think it should be replaced or adjusted? :s cuz there is a clicking noise from the TB.

P1126:
Magnetic clutch is mounted between the throttle motor and the valve, and it connects the throttle motor with
the throttle valve.
Therefore, the throttle motor opens and closes the throttle valve through the magnetic clutch.
If the electric throttle control system has a malfunction, the magnetic clutch separates the throttle motor from
the throttle valve in order not to operate the throttle valve by the throttle motor.
If this DTC is stored, the ECM shuts down the power for the throttle motor and the magnetic clutch, and the
throttle valve is fully closed by the return spring.
However, the opening angle of the throttle valve can be controlled by the accelerator pedal through the
throttle cable.

let me know what yall think.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 am

I forgot to add that they can't be adjusted as far as I'm aware. They're a replaceable item only.

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 pm

But I thought they were adjustable because they have two screws holding it with space for allowing adjustments? :s

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Does anyone know where the ECM is located? (Not the ECU).. As I have replaced my Magnetic clutch but the problem is still there, so I read that the magnetic clutch should be having 5V, while mine does 4.8.. so there must be a circuit or wiring problem.. any suggestions please?

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 am

anyone?

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:53 am

4.8V is close enough to 5V that you shouldn't be having problems.

As for the TPS it can be adjusted by the two screws you mentioned earlier.

The magnetic clutch sounds more like the motor on the otherside of the throttle body from the TPS that controls the butterfly valve for the portion that is fly by wire and controlled from the ECU. (The butterfly valve is partially controlled by the throttle cable connected to your accelerator pedal and partially controlled by the ECU, you can see this with the power off and operating the accelerator pedal and watching the throttlebody only open up about 3/4s of the way)

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 am

Just a quick thought, have you reset the ECU to try resetting the fault after you replaced it?

And the clicking/buzzing from the throttle body is normal.

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 am

Yes I believe the clicking and buzzing from the TB is normal, but on mine when it idles, and you hear the click from the TB the revs drop, like there is a missfire somewhere :? does anyone know of the voltages and current required for the TB and the proper voltage for the TPS adjustment?

and yes I have reset the ECU and cleared the fault using LAUNCH X-431 diagnostic tool.

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 pm

I've got everything checked, and the mechanic said the missfire originates from the ignition probably the plugs or the coils. so I had another set of VK20 plugs which after I fitted the missfire decreased, but its still there slighlty, so I believe it might be coils. does anyone know how to check coils?

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Well am back with updates, the altezza is runing fine now. I have fitted caldina GTT coilpacks in it, because i couldnt find the 90919-02236, so I went on with my my caldina GTT coils since I had a spare engine in my warehouse. just wanted to let everyone know that the GTT coils will work, I cant actually prove if theres a power increase or decrease as there is no dyno where I live.. but the car is lively. everything is settled now.

I will anyway buy the 02236 coils when ill travel abroad, just to keep things in specified order in my car, but am still very satisfied with the GTT coils. thanks everyone for the support and knowledge. :D

Altezzacalo
Noob!

Postby Altezzacalo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Problem with p1126
Lex is 300

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”