Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza RS200 flat spots and hesitations.

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
tezzax
Trc Off

Altezza RS200 flat spots and hesitations.

Postby tezzax » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum, and to the altezza which I just bought a few days ago.

My Altezza is AUTO and has a 86,000 km mileage, and the 3sge beams engine,my car is STOCK Z-Edition.

I am having problems like flat spots around 3000-4000 rpm, after that the car gets okay, but when I drive around slowly, and suddenly kick down to overtake, the car hesitates, lags for like 2 full seconds then goes..

I have done the maintenance as soon as it was cleared from customs, and changed oils, gearbox oil, engine oil (5w-40) IK20 denso sparks,and oil filter.

there is no engine check light.but ive noticed the gasket is leaking oil to the coilpacks and sparkplugs. the car used to missfire alot, but after I cleaned the MAF sensor, it was wayy better. So I wanted to knw if the oil leaking on the coils would have an effect? because i will be cleaning it wall and re-sealing the gasket today. and probably cleaning the throttle body.

I think the thottle body has an issue, when it engages with the ETCS because when i drive with the accelerator half in it all works well,its the moment i kick down and all hesitates for a while then goes.

what i want to do now is:

clean the engine, and coils from the oil,
seal the gasket,
clean the throttle body(but i dont know how?)
and try using ABRO FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER(has anyone tried it?am afraid if it damages my system)

I wanted to know of any solutions?for solving the problem?and if removing the throttle body would be a problem?or should i just try cleaning around the butterfly and in while it is on the engine?should i or bot use that ABRO fuel system cleaner?and should i reset the ECU after that?

help would be much appreciated.Thank you.regards.

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Re: Altezza RS200 flat spots and hesitations.

Postby wullie_trd » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 am

Welcome to the site!

Post up an intro in the newbie section.

Use the search function on site, this has been covered several times already!

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:22 am

Hello, thank you very much for the reply, yeah i've posted the Intro on Newbie. I was searching for oil leaking to the coils, and didnt get any answer using the search, and also about the ABRO products. Anyway any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:52 pm

The hesitation when putting down the boot could just be down to the auto box, they've always seemed on the extra slushy side to me.

Oil on the coils and spark plugs wont be ideal so it'll be good once you fix it, probably wont make a lot of difference in the running though.

I'm not a fan of running stuff like that through a fuel system,but a fuel filter change can make a big difference as no one really seems to do it on these cars. If you're worried about the fuel system pull out the injectors and get them flow tested then cleaned if needed.

To clean the throttlebody just remove the intake, spray it with contact cleaner then wipe down. To clean it fully pull it off but that doesn't have to be done. Also clean outthe airbox pipeing as its probably full of oil from the breather too.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh and someone may pop on and question you on your oil choice :p

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Lol@ last post... Soiled had said it all, what I wanna add is, you're talking about resealing... Are you gonna buy a new seal? Or reuse the old one? Just go to your dealer and buy some new seals, they are cheap enough...
You'll need the outside and inside one...

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Lol! Thanx for the help friends. I guess tomorrow is about some work being done..

what do u mean by the problem be in the auto box? what could be the problem?(if you could elaborate..) i also have a feeling it is there because it only does that when it retrograde to the first gear from the second one..

or it is the tb.. one of the two.. but i have no ENGINE LIGH on my dash?? :o

well about resealing i wish I could get new ones, but unfortunately i will have to get them ordred from abroad because where I live, the 3sge beams on altezza is an alien loool.

and I might aswell order the fuel filter, then add it up slowly!

The oil I use for my engine is LEXUS brand 5W-40 (if thats what u mean)

anyway thanx for the support fellow tezzans!much love

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:02 am

The auto box is just abit slushy by nature, it's just the way they are.

Hit up Nick the site trader at nick@nst.co.nz (from memory best to check) he will sort club members out with great prices and world wide delivery for all your parts needs.

The comment about the oil was abit tongue in cheek because Xw-30 is the grade people seem to reccommend for these engines.

If possible try drive another RS200 to compare because at times these can feel un responsive from factory so what you're experiencing may not actually be a fault.

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 am

its okay i have my supplier abroad it will be faster, and cheaper, if i still cant find any ill try checkin wit Nick.

okayy so the 5w-40 isnt proper for the engine? :o

and comparing with another rs200 is just impossible, as I said, the piece i drive is an alien here.

so after all work done tommorow ill update on the post!thanx alot!

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:19 pm

hey friends! well! Praise be to God everything went well! I started off by opening the gasket head, then opened the airbox, and throttle body and finalyy opened the plenum.

everything was dirty, the plenum had some LIQUID oil runing around in there some very dirty crud stuck on the pipes opened up everything, cleaned it with some petrol, and gave it time to dry n evaporated, mean while i was cleaning the throttle body, the coil tips, and all sensors around the engine, and on it, i did all that while havin unplugged the positive of my battery, in order to reset the ecu.

after having done all of this, i started by refitting the plenum, throttle body, and my gasket i checked my solenoids they were intact. :D after alll was plugged n all, i started the engine n the idle went abit high, like 1.2 rpm, and then dropped after like 3 minutes, took the car on the road, n she was the way I believe it should be.. anyway she became abit more silent, (dont know why? :s) but the speed is still there :D

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm

but yeah all that done, the cd player went on ERR3.. so anyway dont know whatsup with it, but the engine was my main worry :) thanx to all for the help! :D

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Great news that it feels better!

ERR3 is a common fault, basically the stacker has skipped off the loading mechanism, sometimes giving a few good whacks on the drivers side helps. Eventually pays just to go aftermarket to solve it for good. A search should bring up plenty threads on this.

tezzax
Trc Off

Postby tezzax » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey mates, well another problem popped up. Damn this is a headache now :o
Well today i started the car goin to work, the.. idle was well, everything was well, when i went back for lunch hours later the car's idle lowered? I drove around 27 km since i reset the ecu? I don't know if the car is still learning? Any suggestions? Should i wait and see if the idle gets normal. Because the car is well reving well but the idle gets low n car vibrates bt don't cut. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Just wait, should sort itself.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah, just wait... Sometimes the ecu takes longer to relearn

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”