Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Minty.Fresh BN Sports Altezza

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
peter0991
Altezza Guru

Re: Another addition to the club- White turbo altezza

Postby peter0991 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Picked up a little something yesterday :D Got very fed up with having my arse cheeks on the handbrake most of the time...not my type of thing :lol:

Got a set of bride rails and managed to bolt the seat to it. Pretty happy with the result.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 pm

A quick update.

Finally made it to a drift day and i must say, the car pretty much drifts itself. Feels so planted and the turbo adds a nice bit of torque in the low end.

a bit of cone munching :lol:

It didnt stay dry all day :( , involved a lot of right foot steering

Damage wise the car held up really well. The engine, gearbox and suspension felt solid all day....Had a little squirt of power steering fluid though. Looked like it was overheating bad. Still dripping on the drivers side when its parked up, havent had a chance to look where exactly its coming from though.

Next step is to fix the leak and fit a cooler. Adjust the seating position slightly by dropping and tilting the bucket seat back.

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Nice work dude,lookin good out there. Did you place anywhere? Nice,new seat. Looks hugging :lol:
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Yea man, that seat is siiiiick! It was a practice day, so no placing :lol: . Was my first outing ever, plenty more to come.

kurrupt
Trc Off

Postby kurrupt » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:27 am

Cool beans man. I'll be bringing my turbod tezza pod. Sold my comp spec s14 for a more daily drifter just need a new clutch

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 pm

kurrupt wrote:Cool beans man. I'll be bringing my turbod tezza pod. Sold my comp spec s14 for a more daily drifter just need a new clutch

Oh yes! Let me know when you do. Im aiming for one in October.

Its unbelievable how nice and chilled it feels on the road, yet when you get it on the track, its a completely different car.
Last edited by peter0991 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:07 pm

nice thread, I head over to pembrey quite alot be nice to have another tez.
steering cooler is a must, i would make something to stop power steering fluid getting on your exhaust.
My last outing with the old engine it nearly caugh fire!! with a turbo it will be alot hotter.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Yea, it did splash out of the reservoir a fair bit. My downpipe is wrapped, and the turbo will be also. But thanks for bringing that up, dont want to be setting on fire now.
Also i was thinking if you take some of the fluid out, would that help? Or would that cause air to enter the steering lines and make it even worse?

Cooler will be fitted next week. Might do a little step by step if i figure out how :lol:

I heard Pembrey is a nice track, might give it a go once i get the car taxed and insured.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm

So it turned out my power steering wasn't leaking after all. It was the oil from the catch tank dripping on the line making it look so.
On the topic of catch tanks, I would recommend everyone fitting one. The amount of oil I found in it was enough to.. um..... it was a lot!!! :lol: I dread thinking about cleaning all that oil from the intake manifold if i didnt have one.
I also pulled my bumper off to take some measurements for fitting a PS cooler. For some strange reason i did not realise that there was an A/C radiator banged in front of the main one :oops: . Would removing that result in much better cooling of the engine? And will i hit any snags by doing so?

Was a bit confused when i had a look at the wrapping of the downpipe, after one day of skidding the wrap turned from black to near perfect white! Must have been slightly hot under there :lol:

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Forgot to mention. Got another little present - strut brace. Unknown brand, but looks like it could do the job.

lakers
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lakers » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 pm

nice man keep it up :D :D
To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Chucked the air con junk out

Now have plenty of space around the engine. And in the end didn't require any additional brackets to remove the compressor.

Fitted the power steering cooler. Haven't piped it in yet, the shops were closed by the time i got around to doing it.

kurrupt
Trc Off

Postby kurrupt » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:21 pm

sidekick078
Trc On!

Postby sidekick078 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm

a2pen wrote:nice thread, I head over to pembrey quite alot be nice to have another tez.
steering cooler is a must, i would make something to stop power steering fluid getting on your exhaust.
My last outing with the old engine it nearly caugh fire!! with a turbo it will be alot hotter.

il be down pembray when mine is turbod, looking to do it this weekend, where abouts you from?

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:55 pm

South west I travel around 3 hours, great atmosphere and not a bad little track

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”