ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

sr20 conversion

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
coakley
Noob!

sr20 conversion

Postby coakley » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Anyone here converted an sr20det engine into one of these. Have a 180sx at home that i dont know what im doing with yet . Cant see it being a huge issue.

-mounts
-prop shaft made up
-Tunnel fab work ?
**** wiring/ecu (proper balls no doubt)

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: sr20 conversion

Postby paul c » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 pm

coakley wrote:Anyone here converted an sr20det engine into one of these. Have a 180sx at home that i dont know what im doing with yet . Cant see it being a huge issue.

-mounts
-prop shaft made up
-Tunnel fab work ?
**** wiring/ecu (proper balls no doubt)

Has been done a lot lately great engine but costs too much i think i was getting quotes of 5k plus, obviously.depends on how much work etc you can do urself
seen as u have the car thats half the battle but i would
check kruizers thread on here he has it done and done properly i would ask him

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 pm

+1 i know kruizaer on here has had it done by Martin French who has done one for a drift car. I think the majority of the cost is fabrication tho. Contacting kruizer or Martin French is probably the best way to go.

coakley
Noob!

Postby coakley » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:31 pm

tomo wrote:+1 i know kruizaer on here has had it done by Martin French who has done one for a drift car. I think the majority of the cost is fabrication tho. Contacting kruizer or Martin French is probably the best way to go.

Ya i seen that he done the work and if i had the money would go to him but i reckon i could find someone alot cheaper. or rope the old man in doing some the fab work. The mounts shouldnt be too hard to get done and maybe widening the tunnelling if it needs shouldnt be too bad, yyyeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww style.

Can get the prop shafts made up for handy money. The wiring part of it i can see being the balls and $$$$$$$

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 pm

I think I seen somewhere that he sells the mounts separately, would be worth asking.

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:47 pm

as far as i no martin french has mounts and prop shafts made up to sell to prople and you shoudnt need to do any work on the tunnel
GALWAY REP

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”