Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

pause before power band???

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Seanie
Tezza Fanatic!

MAF sensor

Postby Seanie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

cleaned the maf sensor, with brake and clutch cleaner, big difference,

if anyone hasn't done this with their car , do it over weekend, only takes a few min and €5 for the spray

http://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/ar/t2050.htm

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 pm

dunno if you should have used Brake and Clutch cleaner, may dissolve the sensor wires on ya!

eddie
Trc Off

Postby eddie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Is this something I should try? I dont have any problems or anything but Im curious about all this raving of cars being like new and all that! What do I need to clean it?

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Should you alway feel the sinsation of the vvti, I only get in from 1st to 2nd only about 80% of the time, should I be getting the feeling of it trough all the gears?????

roberte
Trc Off

Postby roberte » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Evelyn wrote:Should you alway feel the sinsation of the vvti, I only get in from 1st to 2nd only about 80% of the time, should I be getting the feeling of it trough all the gears?????

You should, to an extent. The power curve on mine tops out at around 7,200RPM. It has more of an effect in the lower gears. What kind of air filter are you using? A high-flow filter will give you an extra kick.

R.

eddie
Trc Off

Postby eddie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 pm

roberte wrote:You should, to an extent. The power curve on mine tops out at around 7,200RPM. It has more of an effect in the lower gears. What kind of air filter are you using? A high-flow filter will give you an extra kick.

R.

Could you recommend one? Might look into it. I cleaned my MAF sensor tonight too, it was manky! God it made some difference, I didnt want to park it up when I got home :lol: I highly recommend to anybody who hasnt done it, DO IT!!

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 pm

eddie85 wrote:
roberte wrote:You should, to an extent. The power curve on mine tops out at around 7,200RPM. It has more of an effect in the lower gears. What kind of air filter are you using? A high-flow filter will give you an extra kick.

R.

Could you recommend one? Might look into it. I cleaned my MAF sensor tonight too, it was manky! God it made some difference, I didnt want to park it up when I got home :lol: I highly recommend to anybody who hasnt done it, DO IT!!

The Apexi panel filter works very well, you have the advantage of not having to butcher the intake system to fit it. It's just a replacement for the standard filter.

R.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Apexi panel filter on mine worked better than the Apexi Induction kit IMHO. please only use Electrical contact cleaner to clean your MAF sensor. Can be bought in any motor factors.

@ Rob, what butchering do you need to do to get an induction kit to fit an Altezza?

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 am

Dan wrote:@ Rob, what butchering do you need to do to get an induction kit to fit an Altezza?

All I mean is you don't need to remove any parts to put in a panel filter.

On another note, putting in an induction kit sometimes 'aint all it's cracked up to be. Check this out:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

R.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:27 am

What kind of air filter are you using?

I still have the standard filter box & the air filter I got from Toyota..I have only ever felt the vvti from 1st to 2nd, I didnt even know there was such a thing for cleaning MAF sensor untill I read it hear? Anytime they have givin trouble at work we just change them?

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:03 am

Evelyn wrote:
Anytime they have givin trouble at work we just change them?

ah but you're dealing with Opels aren't ya? MAFs are practically a service item on my old mans vectra anyway :roll:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:18 am

Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:@ Rob, what butchering do you need to do to get an induction kit to fit an Altezza?

All I mean is you don't need to remove any parts to put in a panel filter.

On another note, putting in an induction kit sometimes 'aint all it's cracked up to be. Check this out:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

R.

thats why i took mine out, i was actually losing torque with it fitted, because it wasn't mapped to make use of the extra air so ecu didn't know what to do.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:26 am

ah but you're dealing with Opels aren't ya? MAFs are practically a service item on my old mans vectra anyway

Ur right about that :)

I have no plans to fit a induction kit...

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”