ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Power FC

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
tomo
Altezza Guru

Power FC

Postby tomo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 am

Right I have turboed my car and have a power fc for it. My tuner is having trouble mapping it.
Does anyone know what part number would be the right power fc for what I want.
It is a 2002 sxe10 manual with a turbo.
I have power fc with part number: 414at013
I think it is the right ecu as the car starts idles and runs but keeps leaning out no matter what he does with the fuelling. All the info I find seems to conflict saying different part numbers.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Noel

Re: Power FC

Postby Noel » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that from 2002 onward, new Altezzas were tuned different to comply with stricter emission levels? but as the power FC replaces the ECU it shouldn't matter :?

don't know ... :(

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:59 am

Sounds like ur fuel pump giving trouble if u ask me

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:10 am

New 255 fuel pump and new 550 injectors.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Does he have the correct PowerFC software to tune it or just a generic one? I had two tuners screw me around with software that wasn't up to the game, then found one that had the correct stuff and he had no problem at all even with my mongrol frankenstein set up I had with my MAF and MAP sensors.

It doesn't matter what PowerFC you got, people say there is a turbo and N/A one, but both only change the base maps so once the tuner is in there (with the correct software) and mucking around it's all the same.

(I have the N/A one and using an Apexi MAP sensor which is what people said couldn't be done on the N/A one, so don't worry about it.)

*edit* Also if the tuner allows it be around while he's tuning it, being there to answer questions lend a hand or just be nosey is more valuable than you could imagine, I learnt alot sitting with the guy who actually knew what he was doing.

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:47 pm

This is what I thought about it bein the right one.
I think he has the proper software etc as he has tuned loads of other power fc's including a couple of my mates and had no problem.

I would love to be there whilst he's doing it all as I'm interested in how it's done as its a career I would love to do. He has been doing it in the week so I not been able to be there. Going there tomorrow to see what's going on with it.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Sounds like you have a nasty cough there and you'll be sick that day ;)

What is he specifically having a problem with? The problem I encountered with the two tuners that didn't have the correct software was that they couldn't seem to access alot of the map, so could only get so far.

And whats your set up? High compression or low compression?

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 pm

If there using datalogit or fcpro then I'd go with what Paul said and say there is a problem with the fuel system.
I tuned my power fc myself with datalogit and compared to a lot of other systems its a piece of piss.
If the car runs and idles on the ecu then it is the correct type, the later cars won't run on the earlier power fc as the loom is different and it needs to be butcherd to get it to work.

poTTa
Altezza Guru

Postby poTTa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:21 pm

ESXTEZZ wrote:If there using datalogit or fcpro then I'd go with what Paul said and say there is a problem with the fuel system.
I tuned my power fc myself with datalogit and compared to a lot of other systems its a piece of piss.
If the car runs and idles on the ecu then it is the correct type, the later cars won't run on the earlier power fc as the loom is different and it needs to be butcherd to get it to work.

Geez...the more and more i read about ECU's and Turbos and mods i get scared at the thought of letting some nut put their hands in my engine bay... :?
2004 RS200 Z

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:58 am

I don't think it's a fuel problem cos it ran very rich with factory ecu in when I took it to the tuner (driving it off boost carefully).
Im going over there tomorrow and he is putting a fuel pressure gauge on to check its getting fuel and I will talk to him about what software he's using etc. and if he can't work it out I'll be taking it to a different tuner.

Thanks for you're help guys, will keep you posted.

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Well went to see car today, it's not getting enough fuel pressure he thinks. Got the car back going to run a return line and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, then car is going back in on Thursday.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”