Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

sr20 engine for my tezza????

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
johnny b
Trc Off

sr20 engine for my tezza????

Postby johnny b » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 pm

hi lads im going parking the altezza for the winter soon and going at it and making her pritty :P but im thinking bout a sr20 engine dose any one know if its hard to do this like, do they fit straight in to the mounting's or whats the story i know the wireing loom and stuff would have to be changed??? cheers lads
Last edited by Damok on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TEXT TALK

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: sr20 engin for my tezza????

Postby paul c » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 pm

dont think you would do it yourself unless you were very talented , expect about a 5k price tag too :)

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:38 pm

johnny b wrote:hi lads im going parking the altezza for the winter soon and going at it and making her pritty :P but im thinking bout a sr20 engin dose any one know if its hard to do this like do they fit straight in to the mounting's or whats the story i know the wireing loom and stuff would have to be changed??? cheers lads

Have a look here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7602 and give Kruizer a PM and talk to someone who has done it. Also another member that has a 1JZ stuck in is Squire give him a PM and he may be able to give you some more info.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

johnny b
Trc Off

Postby johnny b » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:46 pm

[/quote]
Have a look here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7602 and give Kruizer a PM and talk to someone who has done it. Also another member that has a 1JZ stuck in is Squire give him a PM and he may be able to give you some more info.[/quote]

right im kinda after giving up on that hole idea as it prob would be two much for me to do.....but been thinking and i wanna get more power out of the car for after the wenter was thinking boreing it but that dont bring em up much ither so here is my last idea fit a supercharged engin surely there isnt much fitting in volved in that lik id mange most stuff whit car as long as it wasnt two mad :) thre pritty hard to pick up dho id say ar they??

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm

johnny b wrote:

Have a look here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7602 and give Kruizer a PM and talk to someone who has done it. Also another member that has a 1JZ stuck in is Squire give him a PM and he may be able to give you some more info.[/quote]

right im kinda after giving up on that hole idea as it prob would be two much for me to do.....but been thinking and i wanna get more power out of the car for after the wenter was thinking boreing it but that dont bring em up much ither so here is my last idea fit a supercharged engin surely there isnt much fitting in volved in that lik id mange most stuff whit car as long as it wasnt two mad :) thre pritty hard to pick up dho id say ar they??[/quote]

turbo the car ill sell ya a full kit :)ecu and everything cheap too and im from the city could meet up with u

johnny b
Trc Off

Postby johnny b » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

turbo the car ill sell ya a full kit :)ecu and everything cheap too and im from the city could meet up with u[/quote]

na lookin to get full engin cause ill only have to up grade the rings and every thing thanks any way lad :) god loves a tryer :P

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 pm

johnny b wrote:turbo the car ill sell ya a full kit :)ecu and everything cheap too and im from the city could meet up with u

na lookin to get full engin cause ill only have to up grade the rings and every thing thanks any way lad :) god loves a tryer :P[/quote]

a fully built engine ?? good luck fiding one second hand , standard engine is wee able for .5 bar boost about a 50hp gain

blacktezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: sr20 engine for my tezza????

Postby blacktezza » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 am

any intrest in turbo engine and power fc??

text pat on 085 7398913 for a price tell him damo sent ya about the tezza engine

johnny b
Trc Off

Postby johnny b » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

blacktezza wrote:any intrest in turbo engine and power fc??

text pat on 085 7398913 for a price tell him damo sent ya about the tezza engine

cheers thanks ill give em a text and see sure...... would still perfer a supercharged one dho but ill see

johnny b
Trc Off

Postby johnny b » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:23 pm

right was on to pat and it sounds good all right but is there any one here that has done this be4 that could fill me in on what i need to be getting lik i know i must pick u an intercooler and pipeing there is a power fc whit it and a hand comander so i dont need a ecu but is there much more after that???

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm

johnny b wrote:right was on to pat and it sounds good all right but is there any one here that has done this be4 that could fill me in on what i need to be getting lik i know i must pick u an intercooler and pipeing there is a power fc whit it and a hand comander so i dont need a ecu but is there much more after that???

your only getting started my friend
not sure on the engine spec your getting did you get any info on it ?

fuel pump
injectors
turbo kit
clutch
boost controller
bigger brakes
remap

are probably your basics , then ya could go along the lines on gauges ,upgraded headbolts ,bigger exhaust etc etc all dependson what power your after too

johnny b
Trc Off

Postby johnny b » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm

paul c wrote:
johnny b wrote:right was on to pat and it sounds good all right but is there any one here that has done this be4 that could fill me in on what i need to be getting lik i know i must pick u an intercooler and pipeing there is a power fc whit it and a hand comander so i dont need a ecu but is there much more after that???

your only getting started my friend
not sure on the engine spec your getting did you get any info on it ?

fuel pump
injectors
turbo kit
clutch
boost controller
bigger brakes
remap

are probably your basics , then ya could go along the lines on gauges ,upgraded headbolts ,bigger exhaust etc etc all dependson what power your after too

the engine im getting is a turbo one not sure bout the internals if it was kitted or if its a first day job ill be getting an stage one clutch for it... will i have to change my fule pump is well? re maping is no prob just want to get it in the car right 1st

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”