ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Standard airbox induction kit mod

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
impartialise
Trc Off

Standard airbox induction kit mod

Postby impartialise » Fri May 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I was at home today and wondered what would happen if I take the top part off of the airbox (the bit you remove to clean or replace the panel filter).
Only one way to find out I thought...

Sounds amazing with the extra induction and seems more responsive too.

Question is, will there be problems not having this here all the time ?
Anyone else done this or can shed some light on the matter ?
Ta

Damok

Re: Standard airbox induction kit mod

Postby Damok » Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

In my opinion your messing with the airflow in the car, and also I would say that in long run it would be bad, because if you were to run the car for long periods you would be pulling hot air straight from the engine bay straight into the air box :?
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

yamahatezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby yamahatezza » Sun May 08, 2011 8:47 am

I made 4 24mm holes in mine right behind headlamp for cooler air gave a grunt and fed the box with cold air ESP when moving

Ricky
Trc Off

Postby Ricky » Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm

To be hinest, your air intake is made that way for a reson. leaving the top of your airbox off means losing most of the Cold air you have fed back to it and the engine does not have the correct amount of circulated cold air. It then also draws in the much hotter air from your engine bay, and there is no guarentee you are getting even half the required air. if you think of how this air is used in the actual mechanics of your engine then you should already know that it's a bad idea, just like drilling holes in the bottom of your air box. If you are after that beefy induction sound, well, buy an induction kit and fit it right.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 am

If you want to get more cold air in there & give it a bit more induction noise then the easiest & safest mod is to disconnect the vacuum line to the flap on top of the air box. The flap doesn't open until @4000 rpm usually to suppress noise.

remove the hose from here;

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 pm

E910 wrote:If you want to get more cold air in there & give it a bit more induction noise then the easiest & safest mod is to disconnect the vacuum line to the flap on top of the air box. The flap doesn't open until @4000 rpm usually to suppress noise.

remove the hose from here;

Quick question, when you disconnect this hose, what do you need to do with it? can it just stay disconnected like that or do you need to like "close" this hose?
Life Looks Better When Going Sidewayz

Damok

Postby Damok » Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm

I blocked the end of the hose with a screw and some tape, ,Total DIY job :lol: :lol:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Mon May 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Damok wrote:I blocked the end of the hose with a screw and some tape, ,Total DIY job :lol: :lol:

Thanks Damok :)

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Took the lid off the day I got it, now put a hole in it, car is soooo much better, thing is at low rpm the intake flap is closed think it's when the vvti kicks in it opens, but the size of the air intake for lower rev's that it is only 40mm diameter maybe even less, take off the pipe that feeds into the side of your airbox 1 bolt holding it and you'll see what I mean and thats the car's only air supply, pritty sure a 1 litre corsa is bigger than that, considering the tezza's are a 2 litre

impartialise
Trc Off

Postby impartialise » Wed May 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I just finished my first tank of petrol with the lid off (+ induction flap open always) and I have to say I'm happy with the results so far;-
1. Better power delivery
2. Better fuel economy over a full tank
3. Sounds nicer

@ the warm air theory - Surely inductions kit pull in more hot air than I'm doing with this method as there is no cold air feeds, and induction kit - £300 - no thanks ! I'm still utilising the cold air feed from the wheel well, and with the 'flap' constantly open is pulling in cold air from in front of the bonnet anyway.

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Damok wrote:I blocked the end of the hose with a screw and some tape, ,Total DIY job :lol: :lol:

did u blocked both at the top and bottom?or just at the top?

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:41 pm

damok?

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:00 pm

SilTezza wrote:

did u blocked both at the top and bottom?or just at the top?

I blocked mine where the hose starts at the throtttle body. at the top. and disconnected the other end from the vacuum on the airbox. Works perfect.

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 am

Landoman wrote:I blocked mine where the hose starts at the throtttle body. at the top. and disconnected the other end from the vacuum on the airbox. Works perfect.

u got some pic mate?and is ur car AT or MT?

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

SilTezza wrote:
Landoman wrote:I blocked mine where the hose starts at the throtttle body. at the top. and disconnected the other end from the vacuum on the airbox. Works perfect.

u got some pic mate?and is ur car AT or MT?

Don't have a pic at the moment. Car is a MT. i'll see if i can get a pic up later today.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”