Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Ultra Racing brace - The story so far

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Ultra Racing brace - The story so far

Postby ryansss » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:43 am

I've had some of their products in the past and been happy with them. Only issue I had was dealing with the uk distributor Automac. They like BMW's and dont keep jap ones in stock. I had a three month wait for DC5 braces and the floorbar didnt show till way after that, in fact the DC5 had gone and Mr Automac seemed put out that I no longer wanted it...

Anyway I found Ultra racing now have a UK office with braces in stock ready to go. They have a front brace, rear brace, and under car brace in stock for Altezza. I had read elsewhere on this site quality and fitment wasnt too good so I only ordered the one brace.

Great service, easy transaction, but the brace isn't well finished. Paint bubbles, chips, marks. I looked past this and tried to fit. After much cursing and brute force I got the brace in place and then noticed I couldnt do up the bolts nearest the wing either side.

[IMG]http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj351/martinryansss/20032011753.jpg[/IMG

I reported this to ultra this morning and to be fair I cant moan about the service. They will collect it from me and check against the remaining stock to see if it's a major fault. If it is they will refund. I'll keep you guys posted as the brace looks quite smart in the bay and for £77 even with a few marks this would be a good deal if it fitted.

roundymoony
Altezza Guru

Re: Ultra Racing brace - The story so far

Postby roundymoony » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:55 pm

There you go...best of luck with this. :wink:

ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ryansss » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Cheers :D

Just thought I'd keep you all posted and to stop anyone else ordering and having the same issue.

Damok

Postby Damok » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:44 pm

To be honest , , When Nick on site said the fit was rubbish, I would take his word for it. .

If you want strut bars get on to Nick he'l sort you out :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

charley-bobbet
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby charley-bobbet » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:47 pm

have to agree with damok i got my brace off nick and its a perfect fit

xnickx
New Zealand Rep

Postby xnickx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 am

Atleast those fit over the studs (sorta), the ones I initially got were all welded wrong, had Ultra Racing tell me "no problem there, just redrill it"... Not keen.

In all fairness, it's cheap! Considering a Cusco brace is alot more (and TRD even more) at about £120 for the brace without shipping. And have heard of some braces actually fitting, so can't bag Ultra Racing too much!

I was offered the distributorship for Ultra Racing back in early 2010/late 2009 but after the initial sample order, I bailed. Luckily I was able to pickup the distributor rights for Cusco for NZ :D

ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ryansss » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Well the brace is back with them and the customer service is taking a dip.

Apparently I didn't pack it properly, but all I did was use what they sent it to me in. Luckily I had lots of pics of how it reached me so I've sent them via email and said the bad packaging may expalin the dinks, but the actual paint finish is poor in general.

They are going to contact me once their tech guy looks at it tomorrow.

I just want my money back now as they have the thing and it's clear to see the quality is sh*t.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”