ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

RSM specific for Altezza

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
r3volut1on
Trc On!

RSM specific for Altezza

Postby r3volut1on » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Anybody know a good site to buy an RSM that is specific for an Altezza? At least that will get past the 180km/h restriction they have... Been trying to find them on the net but haven't found one that is Altezza-Specific.
Altezza RS200 Z-Edition 6-Speed Manual
Sunroof, Full DVD System, Heavy Sound...
Personalised Registration "R3VOLUT1ON"

Looking for Legana Front Bumper.....

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:36 pm

not sure now that i think about it, i cant actually remember if i had to buy an altezza specific rsm , i think the unit comes with about 15 different wires, and the diagram in the manual tells you which wires you put into which pins in your ecu.

Edit: Ye i remember now you don't need a car specific RSM!!! DU! Dizz bought his one off Gerbo which had it fitted in his previous Integra Type R! Sorry for the confusion lads! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

r3volut1on
Trc On!

Postby r3volut1on » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Dan, Does the car need to be tuned and remapped after its fitted, or can it be done DIY-Style as a simple plug-n-play fitment?

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:43 pm

no tuning needed as your not doing anything except adding a device that tricks your ecu into thinking its not going past 180kmh even though your doing 223kmh!! :wink: AS i mentioned in other posts if you are handing at splicing,/cutting into small ecu wiring it should be easy for you to do

r3volut1on
Trc On!

Postby r3volut1on » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:46 pm

What sort of speed do reckon an RS200 can pump out with an RSM doing the brainwork for the speedo? Coz i managed about 180km/h in fourth, just before changing to fifth, and that still leaves sixth gear to go.... :)

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 pm

well most ive gotten is 223kmh then i ran out of straight road, i'd say 240kmh max

r3volut1on
Trc On!

Postby r3volut1on » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:53 pm

Lol! I used a deserted Airport runway, our International Airport has about 5 flights the whole week so its empty for quite abit! With me being connected to the aviation industry here i managed to get permission.. was definitely a headrush!

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Dan wrote:not sure now that i think about it, i cant actually remember if i had to buy an altezza specific rsm , i think the unit comes with about 15 different wires, and the diagram in the manual tells you which wires you put into which pins in your ecu.

Edit: Ye i remember now you don't need a car specific RSM!!! DU! Dizz bought his one off Gerbo which had it fitted in his previous Integra Type R! Sorry for the confusion lads! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wiring them yourself takes some balls as you have to splice into some wires. I did it myself on the Integra :shock: Was shitting it for a bit but it was all good

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:49 pm

Dan wrote:well most ive gotten is 223kmh then i ran out of straight road, i'd say 240kmh max

I've done 240 (on private road of course) & it definately has more...

r3volut1on
Trc On!

Postby r3volut1on » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Yep, I think so too, coz the way it was still accelerating before the cutout hit in, i reckon a good 250 to 270km/h.... only one way to find out... i need an RSM and a longer runway to try it out on, lol :)

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:16 am

That's handy having access to a runway. I'd love that

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:31 am

Gerbo wrote:
Dan wrote:not sure now that i think about it, i cant actually remember if i had to buy an altezza specific rsm , i think the unit comes with about 15 different wires, and the diagram in the manual tells you which wires you put into which pins in your ecu.

Wiring them yourself takes some balls as you have to splice into some wires. I did it myself on the Integra :shock: Was shitting it for a bit but it was all good

Big babies... :P , SLD2 has 11 wires that have to be cut into the loom not spliced... :shock: and the friggin instructions were in japanese... thank god for Google :wink:

whack222
Noob!

Postby whack222 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:56 am

i have a defi one it was in it when it came of d boat type defi on google and u will be able to order one dr

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue May 06, 2008 5:01 pm

How difficult is it to wire these? Also whats the story with the G-Sensor, needed not needed, recommended or not??
300 rwhp thanks to

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue May 06, 2008 5:04 pm

not needed but can show some useful info if setup right like power output, 0-60 times, i never got around to setting them up

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”