ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

GREDDY TURBO KIT MAX BOOST ?

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
yamahatezza
Tezza Fanatic!

GREDDY TURBO KIT MAX BOOST ?

Postby yamahatezza » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi bought a 2000 rs200z altezza it has a greddy tdo4 trust turbo kit, greddy intercooler,greddy air inx air filter, greddy oil cooler.manifold , down pipe etc. its running only 0.3 bar of boost and has a small blue control unit for enrichment i believe. too small to be a emanage am guessing. so what boost and power am i ok to run. it should run 0.4bar what power should it make will it fuel 0.5 bar or will i require emanage and remapping? any help am lost for info on this.

philsaltezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT MAX BOOST ?

Postby philsaltezza » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:24 am

keep it at 0.3 bar till u get more work done cooling is ur bigest thing! and ul need a remap and emanage for a start!
If you aint driven a toyota, ur driven a toy-mota!!

not_too_fast
Trc On!

Postby not_too_fast » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:16 pm

i wouldn't have even bought it if it wasn't mapped right..

yamahatezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby yamahatezza » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:07 pm

It's the full greddy trust bolt on turbo kit no mapping is or can be done. Was just wondering how much boost it will fuel as I know for a fact it fuels 0.4bar off the shelf. Just wondered if I can push 0.5 bar ?

not_too_fast
Trc On!

Postby not_too_fast » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm

you need a power fc or an emanage os of coarse it can be mapped and has to be mapped... it can't run right on a standard ECU!!
Last edited by not_too_fast on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:40 pm

If it's the plane blue greddy ecu then I don't think they can be mapped outside of Japan. If it's one like xnickx has then it can be. He's probably the best man to speak to about this as he has a Greddy turbo kit on his

philsaltezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby philsaltezza » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

keep it at 0.3 till you get a lot more work done and a emanage ecu and get it maped then you should be able to boost it to.5 if your compression is ok and its maped for it!!

philsaltezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby philsaltezza » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:12 am

oh ya p.s i built and have a td04h altezza and went down that root so take my word for it :wink:

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby nenaghcorolla » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:54 pm

i have mine mapped with a e-manage ultimate piggy back ecu...... and im running 0.7 bar boost

philsaltezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby philsaltezza » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:06 pm

nenaghcorolla wrote:i have mine mapped with a e-manage ultimate piggy back ecu...... and im running 0.7 bar boost

what work have u done to yours oil cooler and all that? there a high compression engine so .7 bar cant be good unless u have a s@3! load done to it??

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby nenaghcorolla » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 pm

ive no engine work done just the turbo kit got it mapped in cda and no probs what so ever

xnickx
New Zealand Rep

Postby xnickx » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:58 am

All depends on supporting mods

You can go as high as about 12/13 PSI if tuned correctly with the right supporting mods (atleast 600cc injectors, large fuel pump, decent engine management to handle it all)

Don't forget the clutch, diff etc is only made for an NA 3SGE, as adding more strain to those, they will also take alot of abuse.

Best to consult who is tuning your car and see what he is capable of, all motors are different, all tuners are different.

A few people I've sold kits to are running on 10PSI (0.69 Bar) daily with no problems (of course with supporting mods)

But till then, stick to about 6/7 psi max with the factory fuelling after another tune

philsaltezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby philsaltezza » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:31 pm

nick thats one thing i must get now is the big fuel pump what is it out of or whats it called? :mrgreen:

yamahatezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby yamahatezza » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes, I have oil cooler, the car is running the small blue control unit half the size of the emanage, so will I stick to 0.4 bar max at the meantime ?

xnickx
New Zealand Rep

Postby xnickx » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:32 pm

There are many you can use, Sard pumps are good, but expensive. Can also use a JZA80 Supra 2JZGTE pump.

Or can also use a generic intank pump, these seem to be the common ones:
Walbro GSS342
Bosch 044

You could alternative go for a large external pump like the Bosch 040 fuelling from a surge tank that the factory lift pump feeds to, but this would require more mods like turning the fuel system into a return type and an external pressure regulator

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”