Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Info on turbo altezza

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
jf
Noob!

Info on turbo altezza

Postby jf » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:29 pm

Have just purchased a turbo altezza. It is fitted with a trust/Greddy kit. Was wondering what boost is it safe to run at. It has a thicker head gasket but doo't know what internal's are fitted. If it was fitted with low compression pistons is it possible to tell the difference between them and standard pistons from the top of the piston as i would be able to put a camera down through the spark plug to see the pistons.Also it has a flat spot around five and half thousand revs. Is this when the vvti kicks in. Would this be a mapping problem because i am running it on 95 ron or should the vvti be disconnected with the turbo fitted. Am planning to put car on rolling road. Any information would be great thanks. It is my first turbo'd car so only learning bout alll this stuff so any help would be great thanks.

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:26 pm

Hey mate, first of all welcome to the site ;) Throw up a thread in the newbie section with few pics of your car...

VVTi on the Altezzas normally "kicks" (which normally indicates a flat spot) at around 4.5-5k rpm. The most common problems with Altezzas relating to this flat spot is the MAF sensors, which can be cleaned but often needs replacing...

What ecu is your car running? Standard with the e-manage that comes with that turbo kit? Flat spots can often come from fuelling problems, could be because of running on the 95 in which case your going to have to get a remap (which would be a good idea anyway)

jf
Noob!

Postby jf » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks lad for info. Will try get a few pictures during the week up on the web site. Yes it has the standard ecu with the piggyback Greddy e manage ecu. Am planning on getting car remapped soon. Is there anyone you could recommend. Was thinking of going to westward engineering there in enfield. Have already replaced the MAF sensor but no joy. The flat spot is a bit higher up the revs and is quite noticeable. As the car revs past 5 and half thousand the revs slow down till it clears about 6 thousand revs where it accelerates again. It is like the car is loosing power.

eric25
Altezza Guru

turbo altezza

Postby eric25 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:17 pm

hi lad i hav a turbo altezza runnin on the same kit but has a apexi ecu=power fc and commander ,mine was runnin low in boost aswell its gettin done at the moment,commom fault wit them is lambda sensor,it will affect the power in it also,get it mapped as soon as u can cos if u dont u are slowly burnin the pistons and lead to big problems.get a compression test done aswell.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”