Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

turbo altezza

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Stones
Tezza Fanatic!

turbo altezza

Postby Stones » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Has anyone any info on turbocharged altezza's do they give trouble and what are the problem area's??
what are they lyk on the engines??
can they take abit of abuse??
could they take high rev's say drifting any info much appreciated!! thanks!!

Stones
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: turbo altezza

Postby Stones » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone??? i know been mentioned before but no one has really answered those questions in the threads!!!!!

stevie_
Trc Off

Postby stevie_ » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:28 pm

that's because your questions depend on a massive variety of variables.

how much boost are you running?

what size turbo?

what are you hoping to achieve - responsiveness, extra torque?

do you have a ballpark extra % bhp figure?

you can turbocharge any engine, what you want out of it depends on what you put in! tap a couple of oil feeds and strap a td04 to a butchered manifold and i guarantee you your engine will blow up very soon. buy a recognised kit or speak to several tuners and spend a couple of months researching various forums and similar conversions instead of expecting people to come to you, and you might just come up with the information you want ;)

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Well just from my own looking into turbo chargeing the tezz the info i got:

If you do turbo the tezza and want it done rights its alot of money and time, , Alot of small things need to be sorted its not a case of bolt on a turbo , Plug in an ECU and away you go. .
What you need to do is, Turbo, Front Mount, Injectors, ECU (and a person thats good at mapping cars) and then up rate the clutch, Metal head gasket and then mabey a stroker kit... All that provided you have an altezza engine thats running 100% :?

If you dont do the above, and just do the basic for the turbo, Really what your doing is helping the engine rip itsself apart and at high revs theres a BIG chance your engine will go pop or when your doing your diffing or what ever your into, , It could still go pop even after you have all the above done and uprated, Thats the joys of putting a Turbo on a non-turbo engine..

Theres a few Turbos on site, Like Nicks, Robin H, and Nenaghcorolla , , They all have turbo altezzas so drop them a PM and see what info they pass on and what they are like to live with, , I have spoke to all 3 and they will give you good advice. :wink:

My own advice would be save your money and buy a car with a turbo, Skyline,Sylvia,180. If you dont like cars like these and want to keep the Altezza, Stick a 1jz or something into it :wink: If you go this route drop Squire on site a PM as he's doing this as we speak.

Hope the above helps :)
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

richiek
Trc Off

Postby richiek » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

i was thinking along the lines of turbo too before.
the advice i got was if i want a turbo then buy a turbo car eg sklyine etc.
the best option would be drop a chaser engine in if your looking for that much power
theres a place titan autoworks i think there called that bring in jz engines and do gearbox conversions.
if u go the turbo route make sure its mapped correctly or your askin for trouble

Stones
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Stones » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:22 pm

ya thanks everyone not planning on turboing my own as it would be a big waste of money for the power upgrades!!

But what i was looking for info on reliability cause thinking of buying a turbo one thats been done in japan with a full greedy/thrust tdo4 kit ie. turbo manifold fmic piping and braided lines!! it has an upgraded clutch and is well maintain running at .5 bar boost safely and mapped with a Apexi power fc with hand commander and is a well looked after car fact!!!

So sorry should have made it clearer the info i was looking for was just the problems people have come across from driving them really!!!

thanks again and sorry!!!

john_98ce
Trc Off

Postby john_98ce » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:18 am

hi there i have a full greedy tdo4 kit on mine at .5 bar and it's going good. im going to put a gt3071 on it for more power its very hard to get some bits for them like fuel rails and injectors. if u go for the car get a remap for the s@3! fuel we have.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”