Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza Keeps stalling

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
gary_altezza
Noob!

Altezza Keeps stalling

Postby gary_altezza » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem with my altezza, sometimes when the engines warm, or if i stop for petrol or something and have to switch the engine off and back on again, the engine loses revs and just stalls. it doesnt do this all the time just every so often. when the engine is idling the revs are never still, they are always up and down. i've put up with it now for over a year but i'm really wanting to get it sorted now. i've tried cleaning the throttle body, and changing the air filter but hasnt helped. today I did clean the stepper motor and it did seem to work at first,because the revs were quite stable, but then it just stalled again, maybe i need a new one, i dont know. if anyones got any ideas please let me know. Cheers

andy t
Trc Off

Re: Altezza Keeps stalling

Postby andy t » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:47 am

did you try the air/flow/meter or o2 sensor ?

best bet is to get it plugged in...
thats what i did & found the problem right away

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:46 pm

This used to happen to me, a new MAF sensor sorted it out, mine was backfiring between gear chnages as well and would never idle smoothly, revs always jumping around and then sometimes if I was stopping at lights or anything the revs would drop off and it would cut out.

gary_altezza
Noob!

Postby gary_altezza » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:20 am

I took you advice and I cleaned the maf sensor the other day and its been running fine now for the past 3 or 4 days, the engines running so much smoother and the revs aren't bouncing around anymore. thanks for your help guys :)

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”