Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

1jz build.....

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Tez
Tezza Fanatic!

1jz build.....

Postby Tez » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:17 am

whats up lads im going down the 1jz route with the altezza im doing loads of research at the moment i will be selling my complete 350bhp 3sge engine and gear box to fund most of it.im going to try for 550-600bhp out of the build which is very possible.because theres only so much you can get out of a 3sge engine and gearbox.

im on the look out for a 6 speed getrag supra gearbox but there rare as hens teeth.i need a custom prop shaft aswell but i know a place in the uk that can make carbonfibre ones.

i was going to go 2jz but its difficult to keep the two turbos and the 1jz head flows better.stock 1jz pistons and rods are good for 600whp but i might just change the pistons and leave the rods.

wish me luck :lol:

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:53 am

Best of luck Tez. Will be a good project. Seen that conversion before a few times. Vertex T&E in japan have one of the best setup I've seen. there is a clip on youtube. Might be easier to get a front clip or damages manual soarer.

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:34 pm

I know of somewhere with the for-mention 6 speed getrag supra gearbox if your looking for one. Not sure on price tho they offered me it when they were trying to talk me into this conversion :D

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”