Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

apexi power f.c any help?

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
daveRS200
Noob!

apexi power f.c any help?

Postby daveRS200 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:21 pm

hello just wondering seen the apexi power f.c and from what i can work out it can alter the time at what the vvti kicks in?

could any one help me with this if you have one or know what it does?
and how much better does it make performance?
cos it seems to me that when the vvti kicks in on my rs200 it flies compared to when its not.

thanks

DaveRS200

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi dave thats the point of the VVTI, it kicks in at the a certian point in the rev range usually after 4300rpm, bringing in the VVTI earlier in the rpm range would add extra wear and tear to the engine since it is on for more of the rev range. No one on here has a Power FC on a normally aspirated engine(to the best of my knowledge) I plan on getting one soon, ive heard different stories about the power gains u can achieve using this ranging from 5-10bhp to 30-40bhp so it all really depends on your tuner and other mods to your car.

Hope that helps a bit. Welcome to the site

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:26 am

Dan have you found out anything more on a group buy on the power fc,cause when your going for one a few of us could go at the same time.
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Couture Auto said 850 per unit, but they have none in stock at the moment. Groupbuy price drops to 800. Still waiting to hear from another few suppliers

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:29 pm

I thought nick might do them a little better than that,what do you reckon on that price yourself,do you reckon we could try apexi direct or who else have you in mind.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:59 pm

Well Nengun.com they were working out at just over 500 euro delivered, plus any possible taxes, but should still come in below 600 euro per unit.

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:39 pm

sounds alot better,see what you think and we ll get cracking on a group buy seeing as how it seems to be one of the most talked about topics on the site,god what are we gonna do when we actually have one. :D

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”