Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

MAPPING!

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
nivek
Trc Off

MAPPING!

Postby nivek » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:13 am

anyone know the best place to get car remapped and price?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it
because the only people who really know where it is
are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Dan
Site Admin

Re: MAPPING!

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am

if its a normally aspirated one, not much gains to be had from a remap. Westward engineering or couture auto could do it for you, about 500 for ecu and similar money for mapping

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Dan wrote:if its a normally aspirated one, not much gains to be had from a remap. Westward engineering or couture auto could do it for you, about 500 for ecu and similar money for mapping

What ECU are you getting for 500?

Depends on where you're based Nivek?
300 rwhp thanks to

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Apexi powerfc was about 500-600 last time i checked

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Dan wrote:Apexi powerfc was about 500-600 last time i checked

Damn 33 gtst's!! They're discontinued now for mine, getting one at cost next month for 800! Usually retail at 1000 IF you can find one :evil:
300 rwhp thanks to

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby rnd_audio » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:49 am

yep the cheapest place to get a power fc is nengun, is costs 800 including controler and extra long wire, westward maped mine it costs 350, he did a ok job, he messed up up to 3k revs but after that im very happy, he also didnt take to kindly to me coming back to him... also he tryed to tell me that pinking is OK, and that the mass air flow meter couldn keep up, but it did with the base map so that was s@3! too.. he didnt know i was a mechanic but this is not ok under and conditions, but if you ask around you will hear horror stories about all the maping places in ireland.

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Just a question seeing as we're on the subject of mapping, i know it dosen't do much for the car unlike for some others, the reaosn for this i'm told is that the 3SGE engine is already tuned in house...

my question is, does remapping the car from 103ron (jap petrol) to 95ron (irish fuel) increase or decrease the fuel consumption of the car, or is this dependant on how aggressive you remap the car to be?
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:25 pm

it would have been originally mapped to 100 ron which is the standard in japan i think. if it was remapped to 95 it would be down on power i presume so should get better fuel economy, no need to get remapped down to 95, standard ecu can dial back enough to cope with the lower octane fuel

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Dan wrote:it would have been originally mapped to 100 ron which is the standard in japan i think. if it was remapped to 95 it would be down on power i presume so should get better fuel economy, no need to get remapped down to 95, standard ecu can dial back enough to cope with the lower octane fuel

Was thinking that alrite, you hear loads about scoobys and stuff should be remapped or run with octane booster... was thinking about remapping mine before but think it would be overkill although they say you should if you change intake/exhaust (thats what westard said anyway). dunno :?:
Kerry Rep

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”