ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

what do yee think?????

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

what do yee think?????

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm

well lads am seriously considering goin down the turbo route....was on to nick bout prices and including intercooler kit plus shipping will come to around 3300 for the greddy bolt on and then to pay a "good" mechanic to install....now a friend of mine "who is also a mechanic" had a toyota aristo wich he rolled and was written off he said the he would drop his engine from this "2jgtze" and do it all for 4500....now im in 2 minds 4500 is a lot to spend but it wud be a serious machine some opinions needed!!!!!!!
thanks

philsaltezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: what do yee think?????

Postby philsaltezza » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:27 pm

well il say since im turboing mine ul need about 9k to get a nice bit of power its a lot of money but itl be like getting a brand new car a bolt on turbo kit will only get ya 80 horses more till you fully rebuild then your talking anything from 350 to 400 horses max :D
If you aint driven a toyota, ur driven a toy-mota!!

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:45 pm

philsaltezza wrote:well il say since im turboing mine ul need about 9k to get a nice bit of power its a lot of money but itl be like getting a brand new car a bolt on turbo kit will only get ya 80 horses more till you fully rebuild then your talking anything from 350 to 400 horses max :D

sorry man am just a bit lost you mean 9 grand to get the aristo engine and bits fitted????

tezza drifter
Trc On!

Postby tezza drifter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 pm

no lad he is on about doing a full engine rebuild with a stroker kit i,d say aswell as the turbo kit and intercooler ecu and get he maped on the 3s-ge engine
TDR Total Road Demelation

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:02 pm

If you go turbo it's going to cost, You have to get it mapped, bigger injectors, Mabey even a better ECU than whats in the kit. Mabey even a cluth. They all add up..
I would love the whole idea of the 1JZ, and if your getting it for that kind of money mabey think about it..
This one is up for sale at the min, Topfuel imports can get it for 9500+ VRT. :idea: :idea:
Attachments
1jz3.jpg
1jz3.jpg (70.17 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
1jz.jpg
1jz.jpg (49.7 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm going the 1JZ route and all in its coming to around 5g's! 8)
CAUTION!!....1 JZ Conversion under Construction!!

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

TOC Link- http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/u3- http://www.bebo.com/Pip_Dunne

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm

dat black tezza looks unreal....what sort of bhp are ya hoping to get from the 1jz? thats a 2.5 twin turbo right and the 2 jz a 3.0 twin... wud there be much diference in bh and torque betwen them?

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:47 pm

looking to get 280 from the off and then with a remap bring it over 300....be happy with that for a while and then when the funds recover maybe upgrade the internals, push for more but thats not for a looong time! :D
and yea its 2.5 TT, 2J is 3.0 TT but can be singe turbo aswell...out of the box i think there 300 or maybe more but can push alot more power from them but are as heavy as an anchor! :roll:

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

TOC Link- http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/u3- http://www.bebo.com/Pip_Dunne

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Squire wrote:looking to get 280 from the off and then with a remap bring it over 300....be happy with that for a while and then when the funds recover maybe upgrade the internals, push for more but thats not for a looong time! :D
and yea its 2.5 TT, 2J is 3.0 TT but can be singe turbo aswell...out of the box i think there 300 or maybe more but can push alot more power from them but are as heavy as an anchor! :roll:

id say there heavy alrite but would still be the bettr option to a bolt on greddy and quicker am i right?

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Squire wrote:looking to get 280 from the off and then with a remap bring it over 300....be happy with that for a while and then when the funds recover maybe upgrade the internals, push for more but thats not for a looong time! :D

id say there heavy alrite but would still be the bettr option to a bolt on greddy and quicker am i right?

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Depends on the power your looking to get really....bolt on kit might cost in or around the same as the 1J coversion but at least with the 1J conversion your leaving yourself open to getting more power! 8)

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:54 pm

there's good points and bad points to every option and once you start you gonna be on the slippery road and the addiction to more power

pros and cons of 2JZ
dropping the 2JZ in is fine as long as you prepared for all the extra work involved with fitting it in it won't be as simple as swapping the engines over
I think it's fine as long as you trust your mate to follow the job through and all the pit fulls otherwise you have a unfinished car that you can't do nothing with plus what gearbox would you use.
The power gains from the 2JZ is basically how deep is your pockets

as for the bolt on kit it's something that will get you a quick power gain and something that could be fitted in a few days so you could easily drive in monday and back out by friday with an extra 70bhp maybe

how much more power are you wanting maybe there's a local member with a turbo to take you out or just find one to test drive ;)
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 pm

its not just about the power i think it would also be more original than putting a bolt on turbo in also maybe resale value!!!! the mechanic i know si very reliable and trust him completely ..i asked him about getting a manual gearbox and he said it wouldnt be a problem.....only problem would be it wil take well over month to complete what sort of power are the 2jzs putting out? its the supra twin turbo engine aswel ya?

tezza drifter
Trc On!

Postby tezza drifter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 pm

around the 300 to 320 mark and ya same in the supra
TDR Total Road Demelation

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”