Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Apexi Power FC

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Mr Singh
Trc Off

Postby Mr Singh » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:45 pm

Dizz wrote:
Dan wrote:think ill be on for doing this, just hope i can use it together with by bio fuel kit! Get it mapped to run on 104 Ron, now that would be nice!!

Mr Singh: to install the ECU is it just a case of swapping on ECU for the other: ie plug and play or is there any ecu wiring that needs to be done?
And when u say pretty stock engine, what was done at the time?

Ye, Power FCs are basically plug & play. They're car specific so block connectors are identical to the ones on your standard ecu. You just unplug the old, plug in the new + carry out the start up procedure. Only extra wiring is running the cable for the Hand Commander into the cockpit ;)

Bingo.

It will feel more responsive even when plugged in. It cancels the Traction control completely, and bypass's the e-throttle, it will feel more torquey..

i'll get the dyno results up soon, its from a friend in Finland who has a Altezza engine basically full running gear in a old skool Carina :)
JDM Altezza RS200 3S-GE Blitz Supercharged 6 Speed MT

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:29 pm

All this talk of power fc's is making me think about gettin one myself instead of an Apexi NEO, wanna get the car mapped onto 95ron and stuff like that...

So how much we talking for a Power FC and then how much is it to get it mapped... €250 off martin tracy is it?
Kerry Rep

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:20 pm

erm no much more .

It cancels the Traction control completely

so mines gone then ..... didnt realise that ...
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Mr Singh wrote:[Bingo.

It will feel more responsive even when plugged in. It cancels the Traction control completely, and bypass's the e-throttle, it will feel more torquey..

i'll get the dyno results up soon, its from a friend in Finland who has a Altezza engine basically full running gear in a old skool Carina :)

So they cancel traction control completly, this means the car will be a b**** to drive in the wet or what?

Mr Tezza: 500 Euro from nengun.com is the cheapest ive seen on. tuning: no idea! i think ill need to get 1 map for 104 ron bio fuel and one for 95 ron but not sure what happens if i use a mix of the 2, maybe my full flex gold kit will still adjust this for me

Tez
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tez » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 pm

you dont traction control its just dangerous the way it kills the power like that.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 pm

Tez wrote:you dont traction control its just dangerous the way it kills the power like that.

Not sure what u mean Tez? so it just handles the power through the rear wheels a lot better than standard TRC or i need to fit something extra like the racelogic traction control?

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:28 pm

elexes wrote:erm no much more .

quote]

Dizz wrote:...Martin Tracey will do it for €250 or else go up to East Coast Customs & it'll be small bit more but better map ;)

???
Kerry Rep

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:29 pm

elexes wrote:erm no much more .

Dizz wrote:...Martin Tracey will do it for €250 or else go up to East Coast Customs & it'll be small bit more but better map ;)

Dunno so how much do you reckon you'd be talkin so?
Kerry Rep

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 am

This is sounding better all the time. I always tought the the Power FC had to be used like a piggy back with the standard ECU so that you will still have the standard control over sensors and error codes and other stuff. didn't realise it was a complete swap.
Seriously thinking about this now.
would be better getting racelogic anyway as its a better system than standard

Mr Singh
Trc Off

Postby Mr Singh » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:04 am

Dan wrote:
Mr Singh wrote:[Bingo.

So they cancel traction control completly, this means the car will be a b**** to drive in the wet or what?

Mr Tezza: 500 Euro from nengun.com is the cheapest ive seen on. tuning: no idea! i think ill need to get 1 map for 104 ron bio fuel and one for 95 ron but not sure what happens if i use a mix of the 2, maybe my full flex gold kit will still adjust this for me

Muppets drive cars with driver aids such as pissing traction control :lol:

Turn the TRC button off one day and take it for a blast. Same on a wet day, you will learn very quickly if you have goood car control or not (wet mainly)

I never drive with TRC on, ever

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:07 am

Muppets drive cars with driver aids such as pissing traction control :lol:

Turn the TRC button off one day and take it for a blast. Same on a wet day, you will learn very quickly if you have goood car control or not (wet mainly)

I never drive with TRC on, ever

Spoken like a true F1 driver. Still havent got a handle on mine in the wet with the TRC off!! Maybe something to practice at the weekend when i get home. Plenty of wet around these days . So would it be ok to drive the car around until i get the power fc tuned up properly, or should the base maps that come on the power fc only be used for the least amount of driving possible?

Mr Singh
Trc Off

Postby Mr Singh » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 pm

I've never run it N/A since my car is boosted, and even then the base maps don't work good on my car, so i don't have the power fc installed, not until next week (some 18 months after i bought it! :lol: )

but sure, the base maps on the n/a ecu will give good gains from the get go :)

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 pm

I been looking on Nengun this morning Dan and found the FAQ about the Power FC. Its long but a good read. I'm about half way trought it.
The base map is only good to get you to a tuner and you have to go easy. Have a look
http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/do ... fc-faq.htm

Tez
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tez » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:34 pm

when my altezza was on the road i couldnt drive with the trc on because the second my wheels would spin the trc came on it was a yolk thats you i have to have it off.i was only looking into it to turn it off altogether.if your about to lose control just let off the throttle and control it.never brake!

alimac
Trc Off

Postby alimac » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:03 am

Traction Control can be a real bitch if you need acceleration. I've had a couple of hair raising moments where I forgot to turn it off and it killed the throttle just when I really needed the power
98 RS200z 6MT

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”