Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Removing the cat back box?

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Dan
Site Admin

Removing the cat back box?

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:04 am

Whats the easiest way to do it. Do i need the car up on ramps? Or will jacking it up on the exhaust side give me enough room to take it off??

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:08 pm

The easiest way would be to get it on a lift as you will have good room to manover. If you jack it up its gets akward trying to hold the exhaust up while you put it on the rubber hangers with the rear wheel in the way you will have to do alot of moving around between the back hangers and the bolts on the flange

3S-GE
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby 3S-GE » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:43 pm

if you cant get a lift, then jack the car up from the back, under the diff and stick 2axle stands under the sills at the back. if you have another 2axle stands then do the same with the front. shud be ok wit just the back up though :D

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:52 pm

First Attempt: Ramp on a Ramp!

Second attempt: Dizz' ramps

Old and new :D

One of the bolts holding on the Exhaust is hard enough to get at, apart from that its easy enough. I recommend wearing some eye protection unless you want a eye full of rust!!

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 pm

good stuff Dan. It doesn;t take too long once you are setup for the job. There very handy ramps by Dizz. Any trouble getting up on them with a lowered car

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:16 pm

No problem at all, they just about fitted under! You can but them ramps from Halfords for 50 yoyos

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:23 pm

Forget ramps man axel stands are ur only job! A gud jack to get them in in the first place helps eswell! :D a ghud idea is to put down cardboard where ur goin workin eswell stops ya from gettin destroyed, or get one of those under car rolly thingys... i got one, they're dead handy!
Kerry Rep

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 am

Mr. Tezza wrote:Forget ramps man axel stands are ur only job! A gud jack to get them in in the first place helps eswell! :D a ghud idea is to put down cardboard where ur goin workin eswell stops ya from gettin destroyed, or get one of those under car rolly thingys... i got one, they're dead handy!

wheres a good place to get axel stands ?
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Mr Singh
Trc Off

Postby Mr Singh » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 pm

Dan wrote:First Attempt: Ramp on a Ramp!

Second attempt: Dizz' ramps

Old and new :D

One of the bolts holding on the Exhaust is hard enough to get at, apart from that its easy enough. I recommend wearing some eye protection unless you want a eye full of rust!!

You put a stock exhaust on?

the dirty one looks aftermaket...
JDM Altezza RS200 3S-GE Blitz Supercharged 6 Speed MT

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Ye the dirty one is after market but its nothing special and dont like the sound off it, just put a standard one back on till i can afford to get a HKS silent hipower one The after market one was hitting of the chassis and making an annoying vibration sound so it was just annoying me. It wasnt adding an extra bhp so it was rather pointless too.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”