Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

engine upgrades

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
seamors200
Trc On!

engine upgrades

Postby seamors200 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:16 pm

right i want to get some nice smooth changes done to the engine was wondering did anybody put new lightened pulleys on there car and if so wots the best also want a good com to control engine and one that will take the god forsaken limiter off im getting sick off 1.6 v-tec my bro has beating me top end much help needed please, o and want to get a full system on her too idea on a nice one please.anything else anybody can think off to thats not too much work to the engine,maybe a new hks t/belt will be in order also

cheers lads,
sideways/seamo

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Not sure what difference lighten pulley swould make to a standard engine. You can get a camcon VVTI controller to let you adjust when the VVTI kicks in, Apexi RSM removes the speed limiter. And when you say full system i assume you mean exhaust system? You can get a nice HKS silent hi power cat back and super racing header. Not sure where you can get a decent de-cat/ performance. And again not yoo sure what benefit you hould get from a HKS timing belt unless your internals are modified.

You could get a lightened flywheel That would improve acceleration. The list goes on and on. All depends on how much you wanna spend. or just get a supercharger!

seamors200
Trc On!

Postby seamors200 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:16 pm

is there big work involved in s/charger and if you lighten the pulleys it will increase the acc also as well as a f/wheel,and the hks t/belt has a better durrablety so i read some were on the net
sideways/seamo

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 25, 2007 9:33 pm

they say supercharger is simply a bolt on kit, some people say they could do it themselves. With that fitting a supercharger means upgrading the clutch too otherwise it will start slipping after a few miles of driving. HKS belt is more durable but will not improve anything performance wise on its own. If your changing the belt is due well then it would be a good idea 100 euro for it. not sure how much pulleys are

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Fri May 25, 2007 9:35 pm

final drive gear ratio

flywheel

exhaust

some sort of fule presser regultor

manifold

hmm should be good start
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri May 25, 2007 10:24 pm

elexes wrote:

get google spell check for gods sake.... :P

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Sat May 26, 2007 8:44 am

What elexes said. The only pulley you can get is a C-ONE crank pulley. Nothing available for the power steering/alternator but there not too heavy anyway. Bypass the aircon pulley cause thats a bit of weight alright

Mr Singh
Trc Off

Postby Mr Singh » Sat May 26, 2007 10:18 am

elexes wrote:final drive gear ratio

flywheel

exhaust

manifold

hmm should be good start

That lot will cost same as it would for a Greddy Turbo kit... Only extra thing u require is a uprated clutch. 265-270 easy
JDM Altezza RS200 3S-GE Blitz Supercharged 6 Speed MT

Tez
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tez » Sat May 26, 2007 10:33 am

is the C-ONE crank pulley any use?

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sat May 26, 2007 3:17 pm

Mr Singh wrote:

flywheel

exhaust

manifold

hmm should be good start

That lot will cost same as it would for a Greddy Turbo kit... Only extra thing u require is a uprated clutch. 265-270 easy

ye but im trying to convince somone to go the na root . i think a na version of the car might run better then the turbo version .
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Tez
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tez » Sat May 26, 2007 3:59 pm

over course the n/a will be stronger but will probley be more expensive if you want to see big gains

Mr Singh
Trc Off

Postby Mr Singh » Sat May 26, 2007 4:05 pm

elexes wrote:
Mr Singh wrote:

flywheel

exhaust

manifold

hmm should be good start

ye but im trying to convince somone to go the na root . i think a na version of the car might run better then the turbo version .

If its N/A

APEXi POWER. Expect, no s@3! when i say this... 20hp increase, in some cases i have seen 25hp increase with mapping. It does what a camcon does, but both intake and exhaust cam, not one of them like the camcon does!

Mate this with a 4-1 header, or 4-2-1.. with free flow exhaust, and pod filter you could expect upto additional 10hp gain.

JDM Altezza RS200 3S-GE Blitz Supercharged 6 Speed MT

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Sat May 26, 2007 7:17 pm

apexi power wot? :?

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat May 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Apexi power FC, after market ECU :lol:

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Sat May 26, 2007 7:50 pm