Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Warning Light

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Sean
Trc Off

Warning Light

Postby Sean » Fri May 11, 2007 9:53 am

Not sure if you can help but if you guys cant I might be in trouble :D This little issue happened once before when I was going up a hill but didnt really take too much heed of it but coming to work this morning it happended again.

Basically a yellow/orange warning light appears (like the shape of an oil can but dont think it is) on my dash (jst where the arrow is pointing in the pic) for a split second and then disappears. The thing is I loose I reckon three quarters to half my power/torque for about 30 seconds but then everything just goes back to normal. The loss in power is like when you go to drive the car first thing in the mornings, it feels a tiny bit sluggish for the first couple of minutes until the engine heats up.

Everything seems fine though, engine ticks over sweet as a nut, no smoke out of the exhaust, oil is fine. Would anybody have an idea of what it might be re fueling, etc?

Im going to my garage today or tomorrow for something unrelated anyway but wouldnt mind being able to point them in the right direction when I start telling them whats wrong. They had the car hooked up to the computer the other week when checking about the water temperature sensor but everything else was perfect.

Im just curious as to what it might be

Thanks

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/havana_club69/AltezzaDash1.jpg
If my life was something that I'd planned, I'd be pretty píssed off with myself for planning it like this! Not anymore!!!!!

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri May 11, 2007 10:26 am

That would be the engine warning light.... :wink:

comes on when the ECU detects a problem

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 11, 2007 10:43 am

have u recently fitted an induction or anything like that? Maybe try clean the MAF sensor, could be lose or dirty

Sean
Trc Off

Postby Sean » Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 am

My bad Noel
@dan
No I havent touched the engine at all. But as I was saying there was a problem with the water temperature sensor the other week and the replaced one but seemingly there's a second one that they have told me they are going to replace aswell. Do you reckon that could be the problem? Excuse the ignorance :oops: :D
If my life was something that I'd planned, I'd be pretty píssed off with myself for planning it like this! Not anymore!!!!!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 11, 2007 11:25 am

Sounds likely to me, any faulty sensors would cause the warning lights to come on. If its still on after u get the other sensor replaced, then i'd be worried

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Fri May 11, 2007 12:36 pm

don't re-set the ecu until you've had the code read

as once this is done it deletes all of the fault codes so you won't find out what the problem is
once you've had it looked at then do it
like the others have said it" most prob a sensor problem

Sean
Trc Off

Postby Sean » Fri May 11, 2007 12:47 pm

Yeah its only happened twice but not gonna let it go, I'll have it checked out asap

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”