Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

servicing bits

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
gav01
Noob!

servicing bits

Postby gav01 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:57 pm

well lads any help appreciated ,
type of oil that would be the best to use ,was thinking of castrol ,
pads for the back of it ?
type of oil filter?
type of oil for the diff in the back ?
best model spark plugs ?

now the car was already serviced before i got it so i changed the air filter for a brand new one from toyota,and the belts have been already done , any thing else i need to do ?

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 pm

Have a look at the Altezza info section. gives u oil grades and quantities. for pads u could go for Mintex , they are about 50 quid from ebay.

toyota oil filter from toyota
denso iridium ik20 plugs from ebay

check all fluid levels, tyre wear/ pressure, oil door hinges, check air con filter

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 10:10 pm

Actually i have a question on this, where is he air con filter and the pollen filter in an altezza???
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 pm

both the same thing as far as i know, its behind the glovebox when u pop out the sides and drop down the glovebox u will see it, maybe just take it out and give it a hoover

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Cool cheers dan, never checked it when i serviced the car last, takes the A/C a while to come on cud this have somethin to do wit that? or am i just impatient
Kerry Rep

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 pm

Mr. Tezza wrote:Cool cheers dan, never checked it when i serviced the car last, takes the A/C a while to come on cud this have somethin to do wit that? or am i just impatient
impatient me thinks lol

What you mean to come on? To cool down or to start blowing?

If your pollen filter is blocked up your air will be restricted so won't get as much out of your vents & windows will take longer to clear etc

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 10:56 pm

Dizz wrote:
Mr. Tezza wrote:Cool cheers dan, never checked it when i serviced the car last, takes the A/C a while to come on cud this have somethin to do wit that? or am i just impatient
impatient me thinks lol

What you mean to come on? To cool down or to start blowing?

If your pollen filter is blocked up your air will be restricted so won't get as much out of your vents & windows will take longer to clear etc

On cold mornings and i turn it up to the last its still takes a gud while b4 it clears the windscreen, probably my impatience, don't have to worry bout it now but it was fair annoying over winter on the cold mornings
Kerry Rep

RSFAN
Noob!

Postby RSFAN » Mon May 21, 2007 12:47 am

The tezza knows what temperature it is outside and if it deems it too cold to be blowing the outside air onto the windscreen, it will hold off until the engine has warmed up. Try pressing the button on the left so it takes air from inside the car and then it should work quicker.

Patience is a virtue. :)

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”