Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Turbo Timer and Fuelling in the Tezza

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Sean
Trc Off

Turbo Timer and Fuelling in the Tezza

Postby Sean » Thu May 03, 2007 11:49 pm

Have been listening to a few people talking about these on n/a cars and was wondering what people thought about fitting on of these to an RS200. I dont dog my car but still after a bit of a trip or driving it any little bit hard, I hate turning the engine straight off and usually give it a few mins to cool down. My question is does anybody have one of these fitted and is it hard, pros/cons?

Also on another point, since these are turned engines, is there any deal/need to have a look at the fuelling aspect of the car? I know with the likes of the more higher powered and turbo'd engines, people get them re-mapped? Please forgive the ignorance, just not up on the technical aspect of them and want to keep the engine sweet

Cheers in advance

Sean
If my life was something that I'd planned, I'd be pretty píssed off with myself for planning it like this! Not anymore!!!!!

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Not really necessary on n/a but for peace of mind why not.

There is a few fuel controllers that can be got but the altezza has a knock sensor that stops damage from our poor fuel here compared to japan. The only thing is you are down on power compared to when it was running in japan but not much so nothing to worry about

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Fri May 04, 2007 2:31 pm

To be honest they're pretty pointless on an NA car, the reason for them on a turbo car is because a turbo spins at up to 150,000 rpm when fully spooled & requires a constant oil feed which if you turn off the engine straight away ceases leaving the turbo still spinning at 150,000 rpm but without lubrication. So the point in a turbo timer is to allow the engine idle for half a minute or so just to allow the turbo slow down to a more reasonable speed before starving it of oil :)

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Fri May 04, 2007 4:20 pm

A lad I work with was at a rolling road day recently and was talking to a couple of lads with Integra Type-R's. While talking to one of them he noticed a turbo timer in the Integra. So he asked:

"Why do you have a Turbo timer, it hasn't got a Turbo"

"Oh, Its to let the VTEC cool down after driving it hard"

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 04, 2007 6:46 pm

Ye i think Babs has one fitted to her Altezza too

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Fri May 04, 2007 7:03 pm

Gerbo wrote:A lad I work with was at a rolling road day recently and was talking to a couple of lads with Integra Type-R's. While talking to one of them he noticed a turbo timer in the Integra. So he asked:

"Why do you have a Turbo timer, it hasn't got a Turbo"

"Oh, Its to let the VTEC cool down after driving it hard"

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh good god.... It's shams like that that make other people very rich :D

@ Dan: Ye funily enough it came in from Japan with that on it so she never bothered taking it out lol

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”