Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Apexi Power FC vs. Apexi AFC Neo

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here

Which to buy?

Apexi Power FC & Commander
100%
Apexi AFC Neo
No votes
Neither, go with.....
No votes

Total votes: 3

Dizz
Site Admin

Apexi Power FC vs. Apexi AFC Neo

Postby Dizz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Can't make up my mind, problem is as follows:

I'm looking to spend a bit of money on the car (engine wise) so gonna get it mapped etc. Problem is I can't decide whether to go for an Apexi Power FC which is a full ECU with hand commander to dispay all info etc or an Apexi AFC Neo which is just a piggy back fuel controller & display...

Problem with the Power FC is that I just kinda think it's out-dated at this stage, I'm sure it does the job etc but it's been around a good while & the hand commander is big, awkward & retro with it backlit green display. Going for it tho is that it's the full ECU so I'm sure there's more can be mapped, it'll also remove limits etc

On the other hand the AFC Neo is new & it's much nicer looking for having on your dash with the new colourful display etc but wont remove limiters etc....

Can anyone help???

Here's links to both products:

Apexi Power FC & Commander - http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electr ... &pageNum=1

Apexi AFC Neo - http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electr ... &pageNum=1

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:47 pm

i thought the AFC Neo did remove the speed limiter etc...
Kerry Rep

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:23 pm

nop

i did go for the power fc or simular . i did origionally buy a hks vpro gold but sold it after talking to a few people about the vpro if i wanted it mapped it would take a trip to london to get it done

there is ment to be one guy in cork that is ace at the mapping . but i couldnt find him
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

kenny
Trc Off

Postby kenny » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Whats the name of the guy from Cork, is it Colm Grant by any chance?

hansc
Noob!

Postby hansc » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:41 pm

dizz,

will the SAFC Neo work on an altezza? i used to have the SAFC I and according to some website (LOC i think......), SAFC would not work on Altezza due to some close loop electronics things..........

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:02 pm

hansc wrote:dizz,

will the SAFC Neo work on an altezza? i used to have the SAFC I and according to some website (LOC i think......), SAFC would not work on Altezza due to some close loop electronics things..........

Well I downloaded the User manual & installation guide & they list the Altezza SXE10 in there & give the ECU pins etc... It works off a hotwire system apparently for the Altezza what ever that is :?

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”