ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Altezza turbo idling and hesitation problem

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
danny87
Noob!

Altezza turbo idling and hesitation problem

Postby danny87 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello all.
Haven't been on here for a while and I was hoping that one of you good people can help me with a problem that I have on my turbo Altezza RS200.
When I first start the car it will fire up then immediately die. So I restart and she feels like she wants to die again, so I hit the throttle and she tries to cut out, so I have to keep feathering the throttle to keep her running.
Once the car is running and I am driving the car, whenever I come to a junction or a stop light the revs will drop so I have dip the clutch and blip the throttle. Once the car has warmed up more the revs will still drop off, but not enough for the car to cut out.
I have cleaned the MAF, throttle body and inlet manifold, changed the plugs had the map tweaked which did make it better for a while, but now it's as bad as it ever was.
I now have an added problem of the motor hesitating when I am doing motorway speeds etc, not so bad when I am not pushing it too much.
I don't think these are connected as this is a new problem. The first problem has plagued me for ages.
I don't use this car that much and am not sure if the long periods of the car standing idle may be adding to the problem.
I do wan't to sell her because I hardly ever use her, but wouldn't sell it while it is running the way it is.
Any help and advice appreciated.

Cheers Dan

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Re: Altezza turbo idling and hesitation problem

Postby jarocki » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:32 am

Try this post. Fixed the issue for my old altezza
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25129

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”