Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Cats kaput

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Cats kaput

Postby m_0_m_0 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi all,

After a bit of advice my catalytic converter is shot does anyone know if a is200 one will do the Job??

Thanks in advance

Mo

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Re: Cats kaput

Postby ThatGuy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:09 pm

I think I read somewhere that is200 exhausts are different so they're probably no good unfortunately. The other option is get a performance cat welded in place of the old cat, that's what I'm planning on doing and mines f*** giving me really high emissions :p

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby m_0_m_0 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:25 pm

I can't seem to find any breaking either and I don't think I will..any ideas of the performance cat??what are you going for?

I've seen this from the states

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/p ... ta/altezza

Rather have something local

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Well there's a s@3! ton if altezza in Northern Ireland and I know there's a few breakers over there (I usually see them on eBay) so that could be a thought to try get a standard one.
But to be honest I haven't really looked into cats yet but my plan with mine was to try and find a smallish performance cat cut up my exhaust and weld flanges in it so that it could be removable so id only use it for mot's. But even for something like that ut wouldn't need to be a performance cat you could probably use what ever you can get you hands on.
Sorry for not being overly helpful but it may give you some ideas on how to sort yours :)
Out of interest has you tezz failed an mot? Or do you just know the cat has failed?

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Well there's a s@3! ton if altezza in Northern Ireland and I know there's a few breakers over there (I usually see them on eBay) so that could be a thought to try get a standard one.
But to be honest I haven't really looked into cats yet but my plan with mine was to try and find a smallish performance cat cut up my exhaust and weld flanges in it so that it could be removable so id only use it for mot's. But even for something like that ut wouldn't need to be a performance cat you could probably use what ever you can get you hands on.
Sorry for not being overly helpful but it may give you some ideas on how to sort yours :)
Out of interest has you tezz failed an mot? Or do you just know the cat has failed?

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby m_0_m_0 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Ah no worries :) lol...

I've had a look on ebay might need to look harder for breakers in Ireland there's hardly any in England I don't think apart from nippon autos.

Well the chaps said I got a hole in my cat not seen it myself but yeah I would say the mot has been on high side of emissions and I know it will fail the next one, exhaust was rattling so I asked the chap to check it and he said the cats shot...

I may go down the decat route for now until I source one and swap it over or have a custom chop and change so I can swap it when it's mot time

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”