Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

clutch fitment

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
alex_evo
Noob!

clutch fitment

Postby alex_evo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:05 pm

hi
I got a lightweight flywheel and got an oem exedy clutch separately (TYK2213). For Altezza RS200

Does the OEM clutch fit the single mass flywheel ? as i lined them up and the clutch pressure plate doesn't fit flush to the flywheel as there's a gap.

Does it need a different clutch kti since OEM has dual mass ??

any help appreciated

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: clutch fitment

Postby Soiled » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Yes it needs to be different

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

You sure? I've got a solid flywheel and just used an exedy clutch and it's fine

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 am

Exedy do clutches that fit dual mass or single mass if you didn't specify single mass when you ordered it, it won't fit.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:11 am

So you can order. OEM or heavy duty to suit dual mass and OEM or heavy duty to single mass.

alex_evo
Noob!

Postby alex_evo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Hmmmm... icic well i emailed the company who sold me the flywheel, they also sell the same flywheel and clutch as a package and its the oem exedy clutch that they list. Been told by a technician that there is meant to be a gap until it gets bolted down, due to the fact that its not a self adjusting clutch correct me if i'm wrong
If there is a different clutch for dual mass and solid, what is the part number for an exedy clutch for solid flywheel ? as i want to get this right before doing the job

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Hmmmm, this is interesting. I've got an unbranded lightweight flywheel and a TRD clutch on it. Will probably look to replace the clutch next year.

Will this need to be a specific clutch to go with a solid lightweight flywheel then? I hadn't given it much thought and presumed that any clutch would work with this flywheel?

alex_evo
Noob!

Postby alex_evo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:24 pm

will be fitting the clutch and flywheel nxt weekend. Got confirmation that the OEM exedy clutch will fit the solid flywheel

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”