Page 1 of 1

clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:50 pm
by VanCityBeams93
Hey guys I am in need of a lightweight flywheel and clutch kit for my altezza . Must come with a throw out bearing. I have looked ar the exedy ones on ebay but there isn't much information on them. Guy I know got a toda racing which cost a lot but was missing some parts. Looking for something good and reliable. Thanks ! :D

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:38 pm
by ThatGuy
If by throw out bearing you mean gearbox release bearing the exedy clutch kits do come with them. Last year I ordered a generic solid billet flywheel from a company in Japan through eBay, I can't remember the name if them but they were incredibly helpful, and it worked out alot cheaper then the TRD, Jun and joda flywheels. I think in total I paid £280 including customs charge to the UK.
Hopefully that's remotely helpful to you :)

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:49 am
by VanCityBeams93
ThatGuy wrote:If by throw out bearing you mean gearbox release bearing the exedy clutch kits do come with them. Last year I ordered a generic solid billet flywheel from a company in Japan through eBay, I can't remember the name if them but they were incredibly helpful, and it worked out alot cheaper then the TRD, Jun and joda flywheels. I think in total I paid £280 including customs charge to the UK.
Hopefully that's remotely helpful to you :)


Sorry I mean clutch release bearing . And I'm looking for a lightweight flywheel and clutch kit . I don't even know what the weight of this flywheel is on this link http://m.ebay.ca/itm/370873287872?_mwBanner=1. Thanks for your input tho :D

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:22 pm
by ThatGuy
Don't. I looked at getting one from "techniclutch" mainly due to the price but I had a quick look online at the company and all I could find was how s@3! their service was and how most if their products were wrong and didn't fit.
So my advice in that would be to stay away from them.

The other thing could be to look at importing one from Japan from someone like rhdjapan or depending on how urgently you need it have a look at negun.com they have TRD, Jun, yoga and a few others. The only problem being is there made to order so takes a few months to make and ship it, but they do ship worldwide.
Hopefully you get it sorted man, it seems that getting a lightweight flywheel for a 3sge engine is a pain in the arse but they are out there :)

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:48 pm
by VanCityBeams93
ThatGuy wrote:Don't. I looked at getting one from "techniclutch" mainly due to the price but I had a quick look online at the company and all I could find was how s@3! their service was and how most if their products were wrong and didn't fit.
So my advice in that would be to stay away from them.

The other thing could be to look at importing one from Japan from someone like rhdjapan or depending on how urgently you need it have a look at negun.com they have TRD, Jun, yoga and a few others. The only problem being is there made to order so takes a few months to make and ship it, but they do ship worldwide.
Hopefully you get it sorted man, it seems that getting a lightweight flywheel for a 3sge engine is a pain in the arse but they are out there :)



Thank you I have read some stuff about them on this forum and it didn't sound to good . I kind of want to get this done in the next couple of months . But I'll stay away from them hopefully something else will come up. I shall look around more for a proper setup. Thanks ! :D

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 pm
by cathal
i would put in a TRD flywheel (if u can find one) and excedy clutch

(TRD flywheel anyone?)

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:02 am
by VanCityBeams93
cathal wrote:i would put in a TRD flywheel (if u can find one) and excedy clutch

(TRD flywheel anyone?)


I think I'm gonna go for the toda racing setup . 5.9kg flywheel ! But I've heard the stalk flywheel bolts won't work . Does anyone know where I can get them from ?!

Also can I use stalk release bearing and pilot bearing ?
Any help is appreciated thanks guys ! :D

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:39 pm
by Tosh21
I've got an os giken super single clutch with flywheel lying about. Needs a rebuild though, flywheel is good and has been refaced weighs under 6Kg. Not sure if the flywheel can be used with s different clutch though

Re: clutch and flywheel help please

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 pm
by VanCityBeams93
Tosh21 wrote:I've got an os giken super single clutch with flywheel lying about. Needs a rebuild though, flywheel is good and has been refaced weighs under 6Kg. Not sure if the flywheel can be used with s different clutch though


Thanks for the offer but I won't be sure what clutch to use either . I'm still debating what setup to run and having difficulties . :(