Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

TRD Diff

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Henrizzle
Noob!

TRD Diff

Postby Henrizzle » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

I have an AS200 Altezza 6sd manual, when I bought it with a TRD 2way diff fitted. On motorway driving (70mph) I have found that it sits at 4k rpm in 6th and is really thirsty! Since it came with the diff have never experienced the normal LSD. Does anyone know if the TRD diff changes the ratios etc?

oaasport
Trc On!

Re: TRD Diff

Postby oaasport » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 am

You can get a trd lsd for the factory diff, but trd did make a rear differential gearset that is either 4.33:1 and also a 4.55:1. Chances are you got one a trd differential gearset with an lsd installed

Henrizzle
Noob!

Postby Henrizzle » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:28 pm

I always felt the gearbox ratios seemed very close, it will happily drive along in 6th at 35mph! Don't know if normal altezza's/is200's are like this having only driven my own. I take it the TRD gear set combined with the 2 way LSD helps the car make the most of what power the car produces for better acceleration/ RWD fun? Any idea what the stock LSD diff gears are on a stock Altezza?

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 am

I believe stock ratios ate 4.1:1 for the rear gear. The engine is not a torque monster so gearing makes up the difference . Having the low gears (nimerically higher) make the car accelerate harder and faster (think drag car) with the disadvantage being top speed will be slower. Now if i were to have a boosted altezza with a very responsive twin scroll turbo set-up i would gear the car higher (numerically lower). This would alllow me to gain top speed and also put power dowm without leaving 300-ft of rubber.

Henrizzle
Noob!

Postby Henrizzle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Yeh i'm considering doing an engine swap at some point either 1uzfe or if i can stretch to it a 1jz so new diff will be fitted! Maybe a soarer unit. Cheers for the help!

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”