Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Turbo Altezza cutting out when warm

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
WatkinsDW
Noob!

Turbo Altezza cutting out when warm

Postby WatkinsDW » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:44 am

So Ive recently had an engine conversion done on my Altezza. Had old 3sge engine removed, with another 3sge engine put in with turbo extras. apexi ecu and handcontroller.

The garage who has done it have managed to get it up and running sweet but only when cold. They said it revs up nicely and gets some decent boost until the point of it getting warm. Once the engine has warmed up they said it just dies down and eventually leads to cutting out. They have checked the usual things like plugs coilpacks leads and stuff for moisture.

They did say when they originally turned it over the first time lots of fuel was dumping out exhaust so they reduced the fuel flow with the hand controller then got it running sweet. But like i said that's only when cold. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: Turbo Altezza cutting out when warm

Postby Soiled » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:26 am

Sounds very much like a common fault with the powerfc, search here and altezzaclub.org.nz, has happened to many turbo Altezzas with the same ecu.

I've had it for many years it comes and goes, can be months or a year without doing it then have a few days of doing it every few kilometers. Have sent it away found nothing. *shrug*

WatkinsDW
Noob!

Postby WatkinsDW » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 am

Dam, i was thinking of maybe taking it to get a custom remap and hopefully get it diagnosed same time, problem is i might have to get it towed up there.

turbotezza
Trc Off

Postby turbotezza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:47 pm

i take it fuel pump and fuel pump relay was checked

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”