Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza gearbox

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Altezza gearbox

Postby Trd Shane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Right guys after getting the car mapped the gearbox decided that it doesn't want the second gear to be situated on the first motion shaft and that it should be better off not in the gearbox at all .. So question time

What other gearbox will fit the Altezza 3sge engine that's a bit stronger as I don't want it to become a habit of replacing gearboxes .. I can get my hands on a s15 box has anyone used these in an Altezza or used any other commonly bought gearboxes ??
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: Altezza gearbox

Postby Soiled » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:09 pm

S15 is the same gearbox with a different bellhousing and gear ratios.

These gearboxes can last fine if you're not too rough on gear changes.

Upgrade options are R154 or W series gearboxes from Supras. Will need custom bellhousings/adaptor plate.

hermit
Trc Off

Postby hermit » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Get a low milage is200 gearbox lad. Exact same as an Altezza but cheaper. Swap the bell housing around off the altezza box and it fits.

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:10 pm

I would go r154 and get an adapter plate. Youll have trouble breakin them. W series are as weak as a tezza box gone wrong. Soiled has proven the altezza box can hold, just take care of it. Swapping in a w or r series box means also swapping the differentials. R and w series need about a 3.91 diff out of a mk3 supra or a soarer diff works great. Otherwise gears will be extremely short and no top speed

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”