ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Stroker Kit Q.

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
H2oMaN
Noob!

Stroker Kit Q.

Postby H2oMaN » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:06 am

Maybe i suck at searching,

I could not find this answer, out of all the other succesfull ones.

Question might be stupid, do i need ecu tune when i upgrade to an higher compression ? Or does the factory unit compensate it self on this. If only air/fuel ratio needs to be touched would i only need a Wideband O2 sensor and attached fuel management system to tune to safe Air/fuel ratios as we DO NOT have a dyno on the island.

Been thinking to head to a stroker since i live on a island with limited tuners, thinking of heading to a route with less complexity on tuning and yet not go cheap on mods.

oaasport
Trc On!

Re: Stroker Kit Q.

Postby oaasport » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:38 am

What size stroker are you going to? Are you going 2.16 with a 91mm stroke or a true 2.2 with 93mm stroke? Increasing engine size especially on a true 2.2 should be tuned with revised timing and fuel maps. Going an na stroker route i would by a link g4 ecu as it has an auto tune feature that ive personally seen get a/f ratios safely ear the target requested. This is good for road tuning, lets somebody do timing maps and then a little fine tuning of the a/f. Hope that will get you heading in the right direction

H2oMaN
Noob!

Postby H2oMaN » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:21 pm

I tought so,

I want the true 2.2.
And i see that the i can piggyback the G4 also nice, thanx for the info.

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 am

As for an engine management, Link noticed the g4 ecu being used on 3sge altezza engines and now offer a plug and play unit that has the same featurea as the storm ecu. After the cost of a g4 storm, wiring it in and tuning, you could spend the little extra get the same features and get a base map to get you started by buying the plug and play. Only reason im going to the extreme ecu is i will be running e85 and 1000cc primaries and 850cc secondaries (8 injectors)

H2oMaN
Noob!

Postby H2oMaN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Ook nice nice,

Only thing that sucks for the 2.2 cant get some1 with the right equipment to do the bore to 87mm.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”