Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Stroker Kit Q.

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
H2oMaN
Noob!

Stroker Kit Q.

Postby H2oMaN » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:06 am

Maybe i suck at searching,

I could not find this answer, out of all the other succesfull ones.

Question might be stupid, do i need ecu tune when i upgrade to an higher compression ? Or does the factory unit compensate it self on this. If only air/fuel ratio needs to be touched would i only need a Wideband O2 sensor and attached fuel management system to tune to safe Air/fuel ratios as we DO NOT have a dyno on the island.

Been thinking to head to a stroker since i live on a island with limited tuners, thinking of heading to a route with less complexity on tuning and yet not go cheap on mods.

oaasport
Trc On!

Re: Stroker Kit Q.

Postby oaasport » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:38 am

What size stroker are you going to? Are you going 2.16 with a 91mm stroke or a true 2.2 with 93mm stroke? Increasing engine size especially on a true 2.2 should be tuned with revised timing and fuel maps. Going an na stroker route i would by a link g4 ecu as it has an auto tune feature that ive personally seen get a/f ratios safely ear the target requested. This is good for road tuning, lets somebody do timing maps and then a little fine tuning of the a/f. Hope that will get you heading in the right direction

H2oMaN
Noob!

Postby H2oMaN » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:21 pm

I tought so,

I want the true 2.2.
And i see that the i can piggyback the G4 also nice, thanx for the info.

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 am

As for an engine management, Link noticed the g4 ecu being used on 3sge altezza engines and now offer a plug and play unit that has the same featurea as the storm ecu. After the cost of a g4 storm, wiring it in and tuning, you could spend the little extra get the same features and get a base map to get you started by buying the plug and play. Only reason im going to the extreme ecu is i will be running e85 and 1000cc primaries and 850cc secondaries (8 injectors)

H2oMaN
Noob!

Postby H2oMaN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Ook nice nice,

Only thing that sucks for the 2.2 cant get some1 with the right equipment to do the bore to 87mm.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”