Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

o2 and MAF Sensors

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

o2 and MAF Sensors

Postby Protok » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Currently got error codes for one of the o2 sensors and the MAF sensor.
So I went to Toyota for a quote and then immediately walked out :roll:
£121.81 each for o2 sensors and £145.11 for the MAF sensor.

Is there anything available after-market? I'd rather not buy second hand cause in previous experience, it was false economy and blueprint stuff is cheap but reliable enough normally.

wenguin
Trc On!

Re: o2 and MAF Sensors

Postby wenguin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:39 pm

for o2 sensors, they come in generic (you solder them yourself) or pre-wired flavours. plenty of places do them, not sure on specific one for altezza but have a good.

maf sensor.. toyota or denso, both similarly priced new.

pm Nick from the traders section of the forum, he will likely give you the best price you can get for a new MAF.

alternatively, clean your maf with MAF cleaner as that has worked for a lot of people.

i had errors on o2, maf, idle control and throttle that were all cured by replacing coil packs btw

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Protok » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:30 pm

wenguin wrote:for o2 sensors, they come in generic (you solder them yourself) or pre-wired flavours. plenty of places do them, not sure on specific one for altezza but have a good.

Do you have a part number?
I popped into a local A-Z and they just had the IS200 which I am not sure if they are compatible or not.

wenguin wrote:maf sensor.. toyota or denso, both similarly priced new.

Anyone got the part number for the Denso one?

wenguin wrote:pm Nick from the traders section of the forum, he will likely give you the best price you can get for a new MAF.

I like Nick's deals but for something this small, it would probably cost too much in postage to make it worthwhile.

wenguin wrote:alternatively, clean your maf with MAF cleaner as that has worked for a lot of people.

I've been told that cleaning it won't have the same result as replacing it, the huge flat spot and lack of response is getting a bit stupid now.

wenguin wrote:i had errors on o2, maf, idle control and throttle that were all cured by replacing coil packs btw

Coil packs are all brand new so wouldn't be that; my idle control is pretty much perfect anyway.

wenguin
Trc On!

Postby wenguin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Have a google, there's discussion on which you'll need depending on auto/manual. DOX-0109 might work. google!

the denso and toyota maf sensors are the same price.

they will still be like £100, but either way I'd check with nick.

clean the maf and find out. it takes 15 minutes.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 am

I got a universal denso o2 sensor for 50 quid I think. It's always come up with heater circuit malfunction but works fine so I just ignored it. Dunno if that's from my wiring or what. The Hester wires are both black so no idea which is positive and negative which may be where I went wrong

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”