Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

power fc

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

power fc

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Bought a power fc and went to fit it today to check it worked and it doesn't.

Hand controller does not power up.
Fuel pump goes full on and stay on even if I key off, have to unplug battery to stop it
Injectors open and stay open so the engine floods big time and fuel goes everywhere
Rad fans go full whack too
Standard ecu has no problems at all

Checked the earths in the engine bay, little bit corroded but nothin mega. Tried putting an earth from the inlet mani to the chassis, no change.

Battery is in the boot and I ran both wires down the car instead of earthing at each end so I fitted an earth on the battery to the chassis too just to try make an easy path for it but again no difference.

Are there any earth points I'm missing maybe? Anything that's a bit hidden away. Only because I saw on the nz forum someone had the same problem and it was an earth.

Any ideas? I'm 450 quid out of pocket if she doesn't work and that is just too painful to bear

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: power fc

Postby Soiled » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 am

Send it back and abuse the person, sounds stuffed.

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Sounds like you have an expensive paper weight. Get your money back

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 am

Got it off Yahoo auctions they said they can't give me a refund, not buying from there again!

It's quite a common problem from what I've managed to find. even with brand new ones people are saying they don't start cos of wiring issues or earths and stuff like that, bit ridiculous really!

hermit
Trc Off

Postby hermit » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:19 pm

Can you send it apexi to get fixed lad? I thought some one on here did that before?

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:46 am

Bad earth man happened my mates car after hours of messing about we figured it out and was earths run new earths .. Or plug it into a diff Altezza and try it I no for sure it will work it has to be bad earth
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:15 pm

hermit wrote:Can you send it apexi to get fixed lad? I thought some one on here did that before?

Yea cost a fortune though. it already cost me £100 just to get it into the dam country! I'll have a play with earths and check the power getting to the power fc, opened her up and it's pristine inside, no repairs anywhere looks reasonably new. Hopefully it's just wiring!

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”