Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Spark Plugs?

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Spark Plugs?

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Now I've got the Altezza back up and running, I can get back to doing the maintenance stuff I had started before!

Was going to get a new set of plugs just for piece of mind really and although I know the last owner changed them, they were the Denso K20TT ones and I'm presuming these are different to the IK20 iridium ones or platinum ones right?

I did a bit of a search on here and other forums and seems the 3SGE likes to run iridiums and due to the uncertainty about how long the Denso IK20 ones last, I'm swaying towards the NGK BKR6EIX11 ones. I've also used NGK on all cars in the past and found them to be good plugs.

Just thought I'd pop a quick thread up to ask what you guys are running and what your thoughts are please?

Basically looking at either Denso or NGK and what everyone thinks about using standard vs iridium vs platinum and what the pros and cons of each are in your experience please? :)

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Re: Spark Plugs?

Postby SilTezza » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 pm

im using denso iridium and i feel the respone is much better.. dont know about others

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Is that the IK20 or IK22 ones? Think there are a couple of types and mixed reviews on each on some forums! LOL

hermit
Trc Off

Postby hermit » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:47 am

ik20 are the ones you want to use
Ik22 would only be used if you had a turbo

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Cool. Presume these are different to the K20TT I have. Have you got any experience of these compared to NGK? What is the recommended schedule for these Denso ones as i read on NZ forum that they have to be replaced much more regular!

Anyone else have any advice please?

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:52 am

I've used NGK BKR6EIX11 & Denso VK20 Iridium in mine. Both great plugs. Didn't notice any difference between the two brands. Denso has the advantage of longer service intervals, 100K vs 60K km. IK20 are only good for 20-30K.
I wouldn't bother with platinum, doesn't spark as well as iridium.

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks mate, very useful information :)

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”