ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Rocker cover keeps leaking oil

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Rocker cover keeps leaking oil

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:55 pm

As above, its only on the exhaust side just above primary 1. Fitted a new gasket but still leaks. Any ideas?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Rocker cover keeps leaking oil

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Can't really see in it the picture but the oil is coming out of that area

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:53 am

Apparently the 3SGE suffers from this a lot (and the gasket around the spark plug holes). My mate with the earlier version in his MR2 said the same too.

I was gonna get a new gasket but heard that doesnt always sort it either! So I put some instant gasket in the groove where it sits in the cover and a tiny smear on the gasket face too and reused it.

Ive only run the car on idle last night and driven to work today but so far nothing but I will update with how it goes if a leak does appear. Mine was mostly from exhaust side and near the back too. Worst around where the exhaust camshaft sensor sits.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:25 am

I was tempted to use some gasket sealer but assumed a new gasket would do it! let me know how you get on I'll put some gasket sealer on it if it solves it

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Will do mate :) So far so good but not pushing the engine yet due to running in.

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:42 pm

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Apparently the 3SGE suffers from this a lot (and the gasket around the spark plug holes). My mate with the earlier version in his MR2 said the same too.

I was gonna get a new gasket but heard that doesnt always sort it either! So I put some instant gasket in the groove where it sits in the cover and a tiny smear on the gasket face too and reused it.

Ive only run the car on idle last night and driven to work today but so far nothing but I will update with how it goes if a leak does appear. Mine was mostly from exhaust side and near the back too. Worst around where the exhaust camshaft sensor sits.

also did this a few months ago leaks were coming from the back ...no leaks yet.....seems the trick is to let the gasket maker dry up abit ( about 10-15mins) before re-fitting

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”