Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

what aftermarket intakes have you guys got?

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
rll2689
Noob!

what aftermarket intakes have you guys got?

Postby rll2689 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:38 pm

hello all! im new to altezzas and i recently got a hold of an engine out of one. however i was unfortunate enough to not have the stock airbox with it as well. ive been searching and ive seen a couple of cold air intakes here and on other places on the web, im jus looking to see if anyone has any specifics on where to get one? i dont have enough space for the stock airbox neither as i am swapping it into something with a little less room in the compartment. but i have seen a couple options, which are significantly smaller in volume than the stock airbox. i was hoping you guys would be able to help out a bit with specifics seeing as this is a forum dedicated to altezzas :D thanks

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: what aftermarket intakes have you guys got?

Postby Protok » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:35 am

The Altezza engine uses a MAF sensor in the intake piping which basically makes it an absolute ballache to make the engine act the same way without either using the stock airbox or removing the MAF.

I do know that SARD made an intake which had a modification you did to the MAF in order for it to work properly; seen it proven on a dyno too. Every other aftermarket intake I've seen on the beams has actually reduced power by around 10hp which is considerable.

rll2689
Noob!

Postby rll2689 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 am

well i have the maf and everything to the engine. like engine loom, ecu, transmission, and maf sensor. ive heard about people getting tubing that is the same size as the stock which i, correct me if im wrong, around 72 mm? and theyve somehow managed to have a maf plugged into it? i was wondering if anyone on here has gone that route? and what is air turbulence exactly? like i know what happens when a plane hits some, but is it the same concept for the intake if chosen to be aftermarket?

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:20 am

As far as I know the best is standard intake box, all them pod filters are no good as Your engine sucks in warm/hot air which means less power. Unless You have forced induction there is no point whatsoever
D700 / RS200

rll2689
Noob!

Postby rll2689 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm

does anyone happen to have an extra stock airbox setup theyd be willing to part with?

AndroniX
Noob!

Postby AndroniX » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:12 am

well i've got a GruppeM RAM Cold air intake, got it for quite cheap 250$ along with a throttle coontroller. also sold my stock one for like 50$ )))

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”