Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Fitting return fuel line & Adjustable FPR

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
hermit
Trc Off

Fitting return fuel line & Adjustable FPR

Postby hermit » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I know some of you on here have fitted a return fuel line and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on your altezza's
Is it a big job to do? And what did you use for fuel line .ie rubber pipe or braided?
Also what's a good brand of FPR to use?
Will probably change the fuel pump too while I'm at it.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Fitting return fuel line & Adjustable FPR

Postby Tosh21 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 pm

I've done it. Isn't too bad tbh. I used an eBay regulator and it's absolute dog poo. Bought a sard regulator from rhd Japan and its mint, holds steady at all times. Used stainless hoses with an -6 fittings everywhere apart from under the car which I made a hard line for with an-6 fittings welded on the end. I've got a ton of atec ends if you wana buy some braided hose from atec i can make you some hoses and can do you a hard line too if you want. Give me a shout if you want a hand, took me 4 attempts to get it right lol Broke a walbro on the way which is money down the drain. You need an adapter bung for the fuel rail if you wana go braided. again, let me know I can turn one down for you takes 5 min

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Tosh21 wrote:I've done it. Isn't too bad tbh. I used an eBay regulator and it's absolute dog poo. Bought a sard regulator from rhd Japan and its mint, holds steady at all times. Used stainless hoses with an -6 fittings everywhere apart from under the car which I made a hard line for with an-6 fittings welded on the end. I've got a ton of atec ends if you wana buy some braided hose from atec i can make you some hoses and can do you a hard line too if you want. Give me a shout if you want a hand, took me 4 attempts to get it right lol Broke a walbro on the way which is money down the drain. You need an adapter bung for the fuel rail if you wana go braided. again, let me know I can turn one down for you takes 5 min

Tosh you seem to be the man when it comes to this anyways. Are you still making these or could you make one for me is the real question where abouts are you based and how much would ya want for a set up I can just bolt on. Or just loads of info on exactly how to do it would be great. Thanks.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Im in oxfordshire, near banbury. It's pretty easy to do, I used a break pipe bender but in all honesty you could bend it by hand if your careful and bend it gradually so it has a big sweep 90 or it will kink and possibly fracture causing a leak. Bit of 8mm stainless tube, 2 stainless weld on dash 6 fittings or whatever fitting you plan to use i used AN fittings cos I had some and I had lots of braided hose. It doesn't cover the whole car either just the main bit which is bolted to the floor. If your close you can make it yourself and bring it me i can weld it for you or get a local tig welder to do it just be absolutely sure they back purge it. Oh and you need an adapter to fit the fuel rail, I cant remember the thread of the top of my head but SARD do sell them, I'd suggest a SARD regulator so you can get an adapter at the same time it's pricey but it's brilliant and small. Ive got a fitting on the back of the rail too with a hose coming off that I can screw a pressure gauge onto to set pressure and when not in use it hides away nicely under the manifold. Nice little thing to have

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks for the reply I'm in cork ireland ha so prob won't call up to ya but thanks for the offer. I'll have to give it a go myself so. One of the lads has a sard fuel pressure regulator with the gauge on it so ill get that off him if he remembers where he put it ha. Do them an fitting tighten onto the braided pipe themselves or do ya need a special crimp tool type thing. Thanks for the info. Love following your build thread too good info and loads of detail. Fair play to ya.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks man, gone a bit ott on it! You can get 2 types of braided hose the crimped stuff is the best but you can't do it yourself without the tooling. Just get some off eBay, torques do fittings which are a bolt together job and there nice quality. Get the fittings and hose off them. You could just get a big length of braided hose and make the whole thing in one instead of having a hardline

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:36 am

Ya good idea ill do that make the whole thing outa braided makes more sense for me anyways. Thanks for your help ill try get it done in the next few weeks.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:32 pm

No worries. Youl need a dash 6 bulkhead fitting too, it's got a longer thread on one end to screw into your pump assembly cap ( be careful not to go too tight or it will crack and leak when you go full tank, good idea to put an dowty washer on it too just to be sure it's sealed. And you'll need a dash 6 push on and a little bit of fuel hose cos the return has to go into the jet pump to make it work. Have a look on Pete's build he's got a pretty detailed post about it. Any problems pm me but it's pretty easy really

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am

Good out lad. Thanks a mill.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”