Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

P1349 code SXE10-3SGE

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
NACS44
Noob!

P1349 code SXE10-3SGE

Postby NACS44 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Guys,

Back in Jan I got a p1349 code on bank 1 intake side, that would cause the car to go into high revs, about 2000 rpm.
Changed the OCV and all was well again. A month ago that same code came up causing it to go into high revs, I had since gotten a timing belt kit and had it installed together with the water pump and also decided to replace the other OCV on the exhaust side. Same code.

When the car starts up from cold it will idle normal for 9.5 mins everytime, then you can visibly see the oil pressure gauge drop and before it reaches zero, engine light comes on, revs go up to 2000rpm gauge races up just pass the mid point.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on here?

Thanks!

j0hann3s
Noob!

Re: P1349 code SXE10-3SGE

Postby j0hann3s » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:40 am

First thing I found on google for p1349 is that one of you're vvti-solenoid oil filter is clogged up.

How's your engine oil level? Due your level drops... is there enough oil in it?

with the check engine light on, It's normal that you got 2000rpm, due it's in LIMP HOME mode.
wrsm

NACS
Noob!

Re: P1349 code SXE10-3SGE

Postby NACS » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Oil level is fine, it was due for a change. Did that.
Both solenoids changed. I will have that filter checked, looks like a chore getting to.
Car started up fine and like clock work engine light came on at 9.5 with same code together with an oil pressure drop to near zero.
you can visibly see the pressure dropping from way above halfway mark to near zero.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”