Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Exhaust System

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
okolatsis
Trc On!

Exhaust System

Postby okolatsis » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi All,

I have had my Altezza for a few weeks now, I still haven't taken it to be checked out regarding the issue why it wont Rev past 6k, but as the speed I'm going it correct and she spins the wheels all the way from 1st and 3rd there is no real rush :lol:

One thing that I have noticed is that the exhaust sound isn't very nice, its very tinny at an indicated 4k revs (properly higher as my Rev counter is f**ked) there is what can be best described as a rattle sound from the exhaust. I'm not sure what system the car has on, the back box has a large pipe I had a look and the words Toyota are stamped on it so it must be standard, although I'm not sure how a large pipe like that would be?

I found the attached standard system, if I get under the car is this what I should find? the cat is the device that is just below the picture of the white Altezza right?

What the standard diameter for the back box pipe?
Attachments
c3e1ef8b.jpg
c3e1ef8b.jpg (213.39 KiB) Viewed 612 times

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Exhaust System

Postby Tosh21 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Yea that's standard except that's for the GXE10. the SXE10 only has one cat I think. The bit under the car is a center silencer. The cat is the 2 tubes that bolt into the manifold where it steps down to 2.

the exhaust sound could be from a loose heat shield or a loose clamp on the exhaust

j0hann3s
Noob!

Postby j0hann3s » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:40 am

Automatic version of altezza has the twin cat. Manual not sure.

The rattle sound will be properly be the heat-shields.
wrsm

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:10 am

that is the standard manual sxe10 exhaust system! and the actual cat is the box on the middle section! under the writing that says VITO OB!

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”