ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

NGK Premium RX Spark Plugs Question

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
GRZR
Noob!

NGK Premium RX Spark Plugs Question

Postby GRZR » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 am

Does anyone know anything about these? I found them at Autobacs while I was looking for the Iridiums. I was caught off guard because I hadn't heard of them until then, and they looked so intriguing! There was a a little display with two plugs, one being the RX and the other I believe was the platinum. You press a button and it sends a current and you can see the difference in spark. Anyway I bought them, I did the research after the fact. Im very impulsive. What I found is that they are made of ruthenium, and they are the very first plugs to use the element. I don't even know what the size of the electrode is, it looks small like the 4mm. Read a review of someone with a Subaru Legacy and they said they were great. They had them in stock for the Altezza so I bought them. I wanted to see if any of you guys knew some info before I install them.
1998 RS200Z

GRZR
Noob!

Re: NGK Premium RX Spark Plugs Question

Postby GRZR » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Wow 30 views and not one reply, useless. Well i'll make sure to let you all know what happens.
1998 RS200Z

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Maybe no replies because people don't know anything and its pointless saying no I don't know anything about them? I've never heard of em but a plug is a plug, I highly doubt you will notice a difference. Apparently ruthenium has close relations to platinum so they are probably just slightly better version or platinum plugs. Also a very rare metal, sounds like a gimmick tbh

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:49 am

Had a look & couldn't find much on them in English but with the help of google chrome translate I was able to read the NGK site. They look impressive, I'd run them if I can find them locally next time I'm up for new plugs. BKR6ERX-11P should be the right ones for the Altezza

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/products/s ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by E910 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRZR
Noob!

Postby GRZR » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks for the help, and I finally put them in! Took me a while as I was waiting for a few other bits to arrive to throw them in together.
I just did a little servicing to the engine, oil, coolant, filters, and also a TRD tailpipe that I found dirt cheap online for $60USD! Anyway, the car feels great, I can feel a definite change in response. My MPG's also seem to have improved, but don't quote me. The only thing that bothers me is that when I removed the old ones, is that there was oil in the hole for the plugs. The fluid emptied out into the head after I removed the plugs. I'm not 100% positive but it seems like the gaskets are done? If so, how bad can this get? I don't have extra gaskets laying around, and I need my daily driver, so I went ahead and installed the new ones... Car started, gray smoke came out the tailpipe for a few minutes, but nothing serious, I hope :?
1998 RS200Z

GRZR
Noob!

Postby GRZR » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:15 am

So I went ahead and bought the spark plug gasket and the cover gasket, since I figured that its no good. Does anyone know if I need any kind of heat resistant lubricant for the gaskets? I'll update whenever I install it.
1998 RS200Z

BabbyLittle
Noob!

Postby BabbyLittle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”