Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

NGK Premium RX Spark Plugs Question

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
GRZR
Noob!

NGK Premium RX Spark Plugs Question

Postby GRZR » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 am

Does anyone know anything about these? I found them at Autobacs while I was looking for the Iridiums. I was caught off guard because I hadn't heard of them until then, and they looked so intriguing! There was a a little display with two plugs, one being the RX and the other I believe was the platinum. You press a button and it sends a current and you can see the difference in spark. Anyway I bought them, I did the research after the fact. Im very impulsive. What I found is that they are made of ruthenium, and they are the very first plugs to use the element. I don't even know what the size of the electrode is, it looks small like the 4mm. Read a review of someone with a Subaru Legacy and they said they were great. They had them in stock for the Altezza so I bought them. I wanted to see if any of you guys knew some info before I install them.
1998 RS200Z

GRZR
Noob!

Re: NGK Premium RX Spark Plugs Question

Postby GRZR » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Wow 30 views and not one reply, useless. Well i'll make sure to let you all know what happens.
1998 RS200Z

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Maybe no replies because people don't know anything and its pointless saying no I don't know anything about them? I've never heard of em but a plug is a plug, I highly doubt you will notice a difference. Apparently ruthenium has close relations to platinum so they are probably just slightly better version or platinum plugs. Also a very rare metal, sounds like a gimmick tbh

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:49 am

Had a look & couldn't find much on them in English but with the help of google chrome translate I was able to read the NGK site. They look impressive, I'd run them if I can find them locally next time I'm up for new plugs. BKR6ERX-11P should be the right ones for the Altezza

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/products/s ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by E910 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRZR
Noob!

Postby GRZR » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks for the help, and I finally put them in! Took me a while as I was waiting for a few other bits to arrive to throw them in together.
I just did a little servicing to the engine, oil, coolant, filters, and also a TRD tailpipe that I found dirt cheap online for $60USD! Anyway, the car feels great, I can feel a definite change in response. My MPG's also seem to have improved, but don't quote me. The only thing that bothers me is that when I removed the old ones, is that there was oil in the hole for the plugs. The fluid emptied out into the head after I removed the plugs. I'm not 100% positive but it seems like the gaskets are done? If so, how bad can this get? I don't have extra gaskets laying around, and I need my daily driver, so I went ahead and installed the new ones... Car started, gray smoke came out the tailpipe for a few minutes, but nothing serious, I hope :?
1998 RS200Z

GRZR
Noob!

Postby GRZR » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:15 am

So I went ahead and bought the spark plug gasket and the cover gasket, since I figured that its no good. Does anyone know if I need any kind of heat resistant lubricant for the gaskets? I'll update whenever I install it.
1998 RS200Z

BabbyLittle
Noob!

Postby BabbyLittle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”