Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Which Model Altezza will the 2JZGTE fit in properly?

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Mark
Noob!

Which Model Altezza will the 2JZGTE fit in properly?

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:20 pm

I test drove an RS200 6MT yesterday. Loved it. But before i buy it, i want to know if the 2jzgte will fit in it and will it mate to the 6mt box from the beams engine.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm

it should fit in any of the altezza models as they all share the same chassis. It wont fit the standard gearbox though as far as i know. someone correct me if im wrong. Welcome to the site mate! 8)

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Your right as far I know Dan, that engine has a could deliver a lot more power and I don't think the standard box would take it even if it did fit on.

Mark
Noob!

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:41 pm

thanks guys. well the next thing i have to find out is if the 161 gear box from the supra will fit in the altezza chassis.

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Not exactly a straight swap with the engine though, custom mounts, drive shaft, engine wiring, sump, etc

Looked into it myself before & then just decided it was easier to change car lol

Mark
Noob!

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:29 pm

well a 4th gen 3s-gte sounds like it mite be more feasible. hope dat has enough power to leave my signature on the asphalt.

romboli's ghost
Trc Off

Postby romboli's ghost » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm

as the lads said already, not just a simple swap, as i'm finding out!
brakes and suspension also need to be upgraded along with the rear axle and diff, matt in england made soup out of his!

as for my swap? its on hold until i get enough money gathered up! am headin overseas for 5 1/2 months at the end of april so should be back on track around sep/oct, it's deffo goin ahead!

p.s. before you go ahead make sure you have about 20k in your account, and watch it dissapear!!! :lol:
love is... a wet roundabout!!!

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:12 pm

romboli's ghost wrote:as the lads said already, not just a simple swap, as i'm finding out!
brakes and suspension also need to be upgraded along with the rear axle and diff, matt in england made soup out of his!

as for my swap? its on hold until i get enough money gathered up! am headin overseas for 5 1/2 months at the end of april so should be back on track around sep/oct, it's deffo goin ahead!

p.s. before you go ahead make sure you have about 20k in your account, and watch it dissapear!!! :lol:

maby 25k
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”