Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

2jzgte conversion

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

2jzgte conversion

Postby Trd Shane » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:14 pm

So it has come the time that I want more power so I've looked into turbo kits but have been more pushed towards a 2jz conversion .. And just wondering has anybody done one on this site or heard of anyône doing one ... Just looking for pointers and tips of what to get and what not to get and what to do and what not to do etc etc ... I've been looking and can get engine , loom , ecu , and 6 speed v160 box for in and around 6 -7 k ... Will I need to get is300 subframe to support engine and will Altezza diff withstand power all info like that would be great

Also they say you have to join both 2jz ecu in conjuction with the 3sge ecu why would you need to do that ??

Please and thanks :)
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: 2jzgte conversion

Postby Soiled » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:04 pm

Join up to Altezzaclub.org.nz and have a look through the build threads, there are several who have done this, and two who have done it with in the last year. Specifically madaltezza and KMG, who I'm sure will be able to answer your questions.

And I'd say the main reason for joining the ECUs would be to allow the dash/in car stuff still be controlled by the Altezza ECU and let the engine be controlled by the 2JZ ECU, easier bet would be an aftermarket ECU.

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Soiled wrote:Join up to Altezzaclub.org.nz and have a look through the build threads, there are several who have done this, and two who have done it with in the last year. Specifically madaltezza and KMG, who I'm sure will be able to answer your questions.

And I'd say the main reason for joining the ECUs would be to allow the dash/in car stuff still be controlled by the Altezza ECU and let the engine be controlled by the 2JZ ECU, easier bet would be an aftermarket ECU.

Yeah I was kinda thinking that and didn understand why they didn go aftermarket ecu thought there was something else behind it ... I'll have a look on that site and see what I come up with .. Thanks for your input :)
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:10 am

Soiled wrote:Join up to Altezzaclub.org.nz and have a look through the build threads, there are several who have done this, and two who have done it with in the last year. Specifically madaltezza and KMG, who I'm sure will be able to answer your questions.

This is incorrect. You can ditch the original ecu completely. Just use the 2j ecu.

A friend of mine has a complete 2jzgte with all aux, turbos, ecu, loom, etc forsale. It's a Mk1 Aristo engine, So has the front sump needed for an sxe10 conversion. Also it's a non vvti engine so this is very much cheaper to tune in the future. £2000 delivered to Ireland.

The V160 is a great box, but it's very expensive. I use a BMW E46 M3 6spd Getrag on my Altezza, I'm a uk Distrubutor for ABCclutchs, I can supply the full conversion kit which comes with a new Tilton 7.25" Twin Plate Clutch, Flywheel, etc for £1750 delivered. You'll need to find yourself the gearbox and shifter, prop, slave Cyl etc..
This option works out a lot more cost effective, it's also cheaper and easier to find a replacement in the event of transmission failure. Which is why I use this box in my own car.

You don't need to change subframe. They are all the same across IS200/300 & Altezza.

I do JZ conversions for a living btw;)

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:01 am

Iv just got an Aristo in if you are looking for a 2jz.. Whole car for £2250:)

Has almost everything you need to do the conversion, it's also got the right sump to fit straight on your IS200 subframe:)

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:21 am

NinjaPower wrote:Iv just got an Aristo in if you are looking for a 2jz.. Whole car for £2250:)

Has almost everything you need to do the conversion, it's also got the right sump to fit straight on your IS200 subframe:)

Have ya a r154?

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”