Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

trouble bleeding air out of cooling system

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
p.sully
Noob!

trouble bleeding air out of cooling system

Postby p.sully » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:05 pm

as above,could anybody tell me the easiest way to bleed the sytem.having trouble getting heat inside car and circulating properly?? :? :? :?

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Re: trouble bleeding air out of cooling system

Postby Alex-evita » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 pm

car vent max.heat,max-position,(air conditioner off)disconnect top radiator hose,lift it up,start engine,put garden hose in radiator(with water open tap),and wait till water come out continuously from top hose with out air bubbles when you see no more air quickly put hose back in radiator(dont worry air what left over on top will go in cooler tank.
:wink: i hope i explain good enough(very sorry my english language not perfect)
do it once and do it right !!!

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:07 am

Fill the rad up lad leave the rad cap off and let it run you should see air bubbles come the the top if not squeeze the bottom rad hose until you do and keep topping up as you go should bleed the system if it doesn't most likely you have a block somewhere or your water pump is not working fully or at all
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

p.sully
Noob!

Postby p.sully » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm

tried all of above and didnt work...bottom of radiator and bottom pipe staying cold.new genuine thermostat just fitted so that shouldnt be the problom?

starletburkie
Trc Off

Postby starletburkie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 am

Your not leaving it run long enough for thermo to open so! Could take over half hour of idle! You might need to drive the car to get it circulating through the heater matrix! Then just top up when cold

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”