ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

What ecu for turbo build

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
hermit
Trc Off

What ecu for turbo build

Postby hermit » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm looking for some info on what ecu to use for my turbo build.
I was thinking on using syvecs or the link g4 plug in,they are both a good bit of kit but they both are big money compared to a power fc. But would a power fc be good enough for what I need?
The power fc will probably cost a 3rd of what the other 2 would cost as I got a quote today for £1560 for the link ecu and that's not it even fitted at that price.
I'm thinking I'm probably better using a map sensor on this build and I'm not sure how it would work on the power fc tho.

So what i would like to know is the power fc a bit old and out dated?
Or is the link or syvecs a little bit of over kill?

I'm going to be running a gt2871r turbo
Fully forged engine freshly built
3" exhaust
1000cc injectors
Upgrade fuel pump

So which ecu would give me the best gains?

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: What ecu for turbo build

Postby Soiled » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:02 am

They will all get you the same power output with the right tuner.

I'd go for the link g4+ plug in, but it really comes down to the tuner you have available and what they are used to.

The guy I used for tuning rates the powerfc and gets better results out of it than other ecus just because it's what he is used to and has the right software.

And I am currently using the PowerFC so there are no problems running it on a higher end build.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:04 am

Talk to Nick the site trader he is a link dealer so may get you a better price, install with the New links is exactly the same as the PowerFC... Pull the old one out plug the New one in.

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Tuned properly they will all make the same power, the power fc just doesn't have the added extras of launch controll and anti lag but it can run a map sensor. But if you don't mind having a laptop plugged in you can have the extras using copilot software.

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:13 am

If you can afford it the link storm ecu is savage if not hks fcon gold pro or just fcon will do the job
1000 cc injectors seem a bit big if u don't mind me saying im runnin 880cc on my 1jz tezz with a 6031 turbo 50 mm waistgate running over 500bhp and inj arent even close to maxed out
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:14 am

And bradley done my link storm ecu for 1200 stl fitted and mapped
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Got to remember you have 6 injectors in the 1J where as he will be running 4 and trying to flow the same amount of fuel.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”